Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gender reassisgnment recipients have a responsiblilty

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 201 Replies
4 moms liked this

To tell potential partners that they did indeed undergo a sex change.  I've seen stories throughout the years where the person did not tell the other party.  I consider that fraud, and a very important fact about yourself that you are leaving out.  Should the other person not want to continue a relationship with you based on that information is a chance you must take.  If they don't accept it then they are not right for you.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM

BUMP!

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM

BUMP!

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM
7 moms liked this

banging head into wall

banana-bear
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel like that's fair.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Guess you don't agree.  Well, there are two people in a relationship and one person's fear of rejection does not override the others right to know.  Again, if the other person is not okay with your right to become a different sex they are not right for you in the first place.  Negating peoples rights is never a good thing. 

Quoting purpleducky:

banging head into wall

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree that they should share that info. It affects their ability to procreate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That is not something you should bring up on the first date... 

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM

As all relationships ought to be.  That is a big omission that has the potential to cause serious harm to a relationship.  Being dishonest is no ones `right'.

Quoting littlesippycup:

I feel like that's fair.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM
10 moms liked this

My issue is with how people don't see how complicated the issue is. Not every transgender person has surgery. As far as those pre-surgery, I have not come across one who was not willing to tell their SO. The problem is with when to tell them. As for those post-surgery, I do not agree that they have to disclose that they were born the opposite sex. Did you disclose everything to your husband when you were dating? I doubt it. What matters is who the person is now.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Guess you don't agree.  Well, there are two people in a relationship and one person's fear of rejection does not override the others right to know.  Again, if the other person is not okay with your right to become a different sex they are not right for you in the first place.  Negating peoples rights is never a good thing. 

Quoting purpleducky:

banging head into wall

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)