Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

102.7 F

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

My 10 month old has a fever of 102.7 So I gave him motrin and stuck him in the tub with cool-ish water. We went to the er last night because of how high it got and it turnes out he has a double ear infection. I've given him Motrin and SO is out getting Tylenol as well so we can alternate between the two of them. I just feel like I'm missing something I could be doing to get it down. And before anyone tries to bash me for posting this while my LO is in the tub.. I'm in the bathroom with him, sitting on the toilet while he sits in his tub. Doing cool cloths has not helped. This makes me feel horrible because I was in the medical field and I just can't think of anything else. (I didn't work with peds, I worked with 18 and up) I feel so bad for my lil guy :( any ideas ladies?

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GwenGray
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:16 PM

BUMP!

Brokensurvivor
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you're doing everything you can. I'd say strip him down to a diaper, and give him a light blanket to snuggle with. Cool wash cloths on the forehead. That's all you can do besides alternate the medicines.. It sucks when your little ones aren't feeling well. currently I have a 3 year old with no fever but he's acting a bit tired and has zero energy, was acting like he was going to get sick earlier.. it's an odd thing. nothing breaks your heart more then seeing your baby down for the count.

GwenGray
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM

thanks mama I hope yours gets better if they are sick.

Quoting Brokensurvivor:

Sounds like you're doing everything you can. I'd say strip him down to a diaper, and give him a light blanket to snuggle with. Cool wash cloths on the forehead. That's all you can do besides alternate the medicines.. It sucks when your little ones aren't feeling well. currently I have a 3 year old with no fever but he's acting a bit tired and has zero energy, was acting like he was going to get sick earlier.. it's an odd thing. nothing breaks your heart more then seeing your baby down for the count.

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

RockEducation
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you are doing what you should be doing. Hope your child gets feeling better. It's awful when you feel helpless.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I'm pretty sure that a fever should be allowed to burn up to 103. The reason he has a fever is because it's fighting the virus he has. If you lower the fever, the virus will get worse. I'm pretty sure this is correct. 

squeakersmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Not that young. Under a year they should see a doctor if it is over 100.4. I would go back to the doc with a fever that high on a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pretty sure that a fever should be allowed to burn up to 103. The reason he has a fever is because it's fighting the virus he has. If you lower the fever, the virus will get worse. I'm pretty sure this is correct. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

you are right

Quoting squeakersmama:

Not that young. Under a year they should see a doctor if it is over 100.4. I would go back to the doc with a fever that high on a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)