Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion Adoption and Equal Rights

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Which seems more equal/fair to you?

Options:

pro choice. Men should have the ability to have an emotional/financial abortion within a time frame

pro choice. Men should be forced to live with the woman's decision and post cs is she chooses to have the baby

pro life. Men who would choose to put the child up for adoption should not have to pay cs if the woman keeps the child.

pro life. Men should pay cs if the woman keeps the child.

other. please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 162

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM

With that logic so do women, but they are still legally allowed to abort anyway.

The OPs debate is in the double stadard of it all, since men can be FORCED to pay child support even if they don't want the responsibility of a child, should unwanted pregnancy occur.

Quoting angevil53:

Men have the option to opt out of baby making before it happens so he needs to deal with what a woman chooses. My opinion.

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I believe if a man doesn't want the child from the start then he should have the right not to be financially responsible. In order to do that though he must relinquish any and all rights to the child during or directly after birth.

However it is not OK if he has been supportive during pregnancy and then gets cold feet or just plain greedy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM
So you believe that a man should have to live with the woman deciding the rest of his life?
Imo, the woman should take into consideration whether or not the man will take a part in the child's life when she's making the decisions for her life...but her choices shouldn't rule his life. He deserves the ability to choose just as much as she does. Meaning, he should be able to sign off rights and responsibilities as if hr choose to abort or adopt out the child. Why should this type of choice be only made by the woman?

I agree that the man shouldn't be able to force abortion, or prevent it. Same with adoption, except the prevention, as he spoils be able to choose to raise the child himself.

Quoting Aislin:

I'm pro choice. Men should have no say in abortion. Men should have equal rights in adoption. Children deserve cs from the noncustodial  parent so pro child as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I always love your responses :-)

Quoting Sekirei:

First one..

men should be able to make a choice as well... that has to do with his own person.. but not the woman's body

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM
What about cases where they break up prior to his knowing about the pregnancy, and the woman gives birth before telling him?

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

I believe if a man doesn't want the child from the start then he should have the right not to be financially responsible. In order to do that though he must relinquish any and all rights to the child during or directly after birth.

However it is not OK if he has been supportive during pregnancy and then gets cold feet or just plain greedy.
CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
That is where he has to decide in a very short amount of time if he wants the responsiblity. He would have no way to make the decision during pregnancy he wasn't given the choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

What about cases where they break up prior to his knowing about the pregnancy, and the woman gives birth before telling him?

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Idc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sexist opinion, don't you think?

Quoting angevil53:

Men have the option to opt out of baby making before it happens so he needs to deal with what a woman chooses. My opinion.

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Well the woman has to deal with the physical impact of the pregnancy. I don't think it's right to force anyone to do something with their body. However men don't have to see their kids. But taking financial responsibility for a child that he created whether he decides he wants it or not is the right thing to do. If she's fine with him giving up rights then that's up to them together. A man needs to realize pretty much anytime he has sex there's potential there for a child in nine months. No excuses for him to just give up rights.

Quoting KairisMama:

With that logic so do women, but they are still legally allowed to abort anyway.

The OPs debate is in the double stadard of it all, since men can be FORCED to pay child support even if they don't want the responsibility of a child, should unwanted pregnancy occur.

Quoting angevil53:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I believe in an ideal world that the man should be able to stop a woman from having an abortion and be able to raise his child alone if she wants nothing to so with it I believe he wants an abortion and doesn't want the child he should be allowed to sign over rights and walk away. If he wants rights it should be 50/50 with no support other then a specified amount paid by both parents into a seperate account for education, extra curricular activities and health ins (clothes and other bills should be kept up seperately at each home) but this isn't an ideal world and there are to many what ifs so I'm pro women's choice even when they are selfish cunts to the baby daddy,
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM
By that reasoning, so should the woman. Betting you'd be first in line to cry equal rights or sexism if the woman's rights were in question.

Quoting angevil53:

Well the woman has to deal with the physical impact of the pregnancy. I don't think it's right to force anyone to do something with their body. However men don't have to see their kids. But taking financial responsibility for a child that he created whether he decides he wants it or not is the right thing to do. If she's fine with him giving up rights then that's up to them together. A man needs to realize pretty much anytime he has sex there's potential there for a child in nine months. No excuses for him to just give up rights.

Quoting KairisMama:

Quoting angevil53:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)