Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion Adoption and Equal Rights

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Which seems more equal/fair to you?

Options:

pro choice. Men should have the ability to have an emotional/financial abortion within a time frame

pro choice. Men should be forced to live with the woman's decision and post cs is she chooses to have the baby

pro life. Men who would choose to put the child up for adoption should not have to pay cs if the woman keeps the child.

pro life. Men should pay cs if the woman keeps the child.

other. please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 162

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Do does the woman, but she can still get an abortion or lie about who the father is to put it up for adoption without the man's consent. Why should the man be the only one fully stuck once a pregnancy occurs?

Keep in mind the fact that women have hundreds of choices when it comes to bc, but men get condoms and spermicidal guck.

Quoting cuppycake1919:

This

Quoting angevil53:

Men have the option to opt out of baby making before it happens so he needs to deal with what a woman chooses. My opinion.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Firing a women for being pregnant is illegal. But yes, if that is going to happen, I would say he would have to help her until she gets another job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Should the man be responsible for her loss of wages, possibly loss of job, in the event that he prevents the abortion?

Quoting sheymann:

I think that a woman should be forced to carry the child if the father wants to keep it. You spread your legs knowing you might get pregnant. It is his child as well, you don't get to take that away because you don't want your body to change.

However, if the father wants to give up his rights, he should be allowed to as well. Within a time frame. 

I also don't believe that women should be allowed to come back after x number of years and go "you're a father! Give me money!"

cuppycake1919
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Because I feel in certain situations that is irrelevant

Quoting Anonymous:

Do does the woman, but she can still get an abortion or lie about who the father is to put it up for adoption without the man's consent. Why should the man be the only one fully stuck once a pregnancy occurs?

Keep in mind the fact that women have hundreds of choices when it comes to bc, but men get condoms and spermicidal guck.

Quoting cuppycake1919:

This

Quoting angevil53:

Men have the option to opt out of baby making before it happens so he needs to deal with what a woman chooses. My opinion.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
softkitty42
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

i think a man should have the right to sign away custody(like before 12 or 23 weeks) that way a mother can plan for him not to be there or go trhough an adoption without him stepping in the way of her placing the child with a family

but a man should NEVER be able to tell a woman she cant have an abortion. 

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
A man should be a able to have an emotional and financial abortion, he shouldn't be called a dead beat or anything if that's what he chooses!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Df pays about $950 a month in cs for one child, which adds up since he has two with his ex wife.

How about women take more responsibility for their choices?The woman is in that bed too. She has more bc options than the man. Plus, if she gets pregnanct she can terminate it without consulting him.

A male abortion would be a court document where he signs off his rights and responsibilities, ideally during the time period when the woman would be able to have an abortion.

Condoms break. Oh, and a woman can easily say "unless you put this condom on, we're not having sex" so you can't exactly blame men there either.

Quoting Mcelly:

How does a man have an aboetion?

How about man stop screwing around and dont impregnate women. they should also not complai about paying child support because teally its not that much. No one can force a woman to have an abortion.

and the losers who dont use condoms knock some one up, i will gladly drive them to the nearest brigde so they can jump to their death.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM
If a woman misses more than 12 weeks of work, no matter what health reason its due to, the employer can legally fire her. I lost my job because of complications with my pregnancy

Quoting sheymann:

Firing a women for being pregnant is illegal. But yes, if that is going to happen, I would say he would have to help her until she gets another job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Should the man be responsible for her loss of wages, possibly loss of job, in the event that he prevents the abortion?

Quoting sheymann:

I think that a woman should be forced to carry the child if the father wants to keep it. You spread your legs knowing you might get pregnant. It is his child as well, you don't get to take that away because you don't want your body to change.

However, if the father wants to give up his rights, he should be allowed to as well. Within a time frame. 

I also don't believe that women should be allowed to come back after x number of years and go "you're a father! Give me money!"

sheymann
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Wow seriously? I was always told that they can't do that. That's awful.

But as I said, if the father really wants to keep the child, he should be repsonsbible for helping her if she loses her jobs. HOWEVER, she is also responsible for trying to find another job. I'm sure a lawyer would write a legal contract about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

If a woman misses more than 12 weeks of work, no matter what health reason its due to, the employer can legally fire her. I lost my job because of complications with my pregnancy

Quoting sheymann:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sheymann:

mom2ljh
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
So do women. Just pointing that out.

Quoting angevil53:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Why? How is equal rights irrelevant?

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Because I feel in certain situations that is irrelevant

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cuppycake1919:

This

Quoting angevil53:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)