Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion Adoption and Equal Rights

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Which seems more equal/fair to you?

Options:

pro choice. Men should have the ability to have an emotional/financial abortion within a time frame

pro choice. Men should be forced to live with the woman's decision and post cs is she chooses to have the baby

pro life. Men who would choose to put the child up for adoption should not have to pay cs if the woman keeps the child.

pro life. Men should pay cs if the woman keeps the child.

other. please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 162

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I think the only say a guy should have would be to prevent the woman from aborting (if he wants to raise the child) but anything else I'm sorry no. He should have to pay cs unless the mother doesn't want it.
cuppycake1919
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Lol that isn't exactly equal rights. Men have and get pretty much whatever they want. Its a womanish body regardless. The child and sex issues should have been talked about before, and come to an agreement.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? How is equal rights irrelevant?

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Because I feel in certain situations that is irrelevant

Quoting Anonymous:

Do does the woman, but she can still get an abortion or lie about who the father is to put it up for adoption without the man's consent. Why should the man be the only one fully stuck once a pregnancy occurs?

Keep in mind the fact that women have hundreds of choices when it comes to bc, but men get condoms and spermicidal guck.

Quoting cuppycake1919:

This

Quoting angevil53:

Men have the option to opt out of baby making before it happens so he needs to deal with what a woman chooses. My opinion.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM
You're driving men and women to bridges so they can jump off if they don't use condoms?! Hard core birth control! Lol

Quoting Mcelly:

How does a man have an aboetion?

How about man stop screwing around and dont impregnate women. they should also not complai about paying child support because teally its not that much. No one can force a woman to have an abortion.

and the losers who dont use condoms knock some one up, i will gladly drive them to the nearest brigde so they can jump to their death.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cuppycake1919
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Womans*

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Lol that isn't exactly equal rights. Men have and get pretty much whatever they want. Its a womanish body regardless. The child and sex issues should have been talked about before, and come to an agreement.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do does the woman, but she can still get an abortion or lie about who the father is to put it up for adoption without the man's consent. Why should the man be the only one fully stuck once a pregnancy occurs?

Keep in mind the fact that women have hundreds of choices when it comes to bc, but men get condoms and spermicidal guck.

Quoting cuppycake1919:

This

Quoting angevil53:

Men have the option to opt out of baby making before it happens so he needs to deal with what a woman chooses. My opinion.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Unfortunately. Some union jobs protect longer, but the law only covers 12 weeks.

I can't agree with you on the man forcing the pregnancy. Too many control freaks out there already imo

Quoting sheymann:

Wow seriously? I was always told that they can't do that. That's awful.

But as I said, if the father really wants to keep the child, he should be repsonsbible for helping her if she loses her jobs. HOWEVER, she is also responsible for trying to find another job. I'm sure a lawyer would write a legal contract about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

If a woman misses more than 12 weeks of work, no matter what health reason its due to, the employer can legally fire her. I lost my job because of complications with my pregnancy

Quoting sheymann:

Firing a women for being pregnant is illegal. But yes, if that is going to happen, I would say he would have to help her until she gets another job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Should the man be responsible for her loss of wages, possibly loss of job, in the event that he prevents the abortion?

Quoting sheymann:

I think that a woman should be forced to carry the child if the father wants to keep it. You spread your legs knowing you might get pregnant. It is his child as well, you don't get to take that away because you don't want your body to change.

However, if the father wants to give up his rights, he should be allowed to as well. Within a time frame. 

I also don't believe that women should be allowed to come back after x number of years and go "you're a father! Give me money!"

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

A man has a choice up to the point he sticks his junk in. He can choose to wrap it. He can choose to ask if she's on BC. He can choose to use spermicide. He can choose to discuss unplanned pregnancy early in the relationship before sex and find out if she would be keeping or aborting or adopting the baby out. If he is with a girl who would keep the baby no matter what and that is not what he wants, he better use the condom and the spermicide every time. Once he puts it in, his fate is in her hands. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM
People lie to each other every day. How isn't it equal rights? The woman has the ability to say no once a pregnancy exists, so the man should also. Sounds equal. Giving one the choice over the other isn't equal at all. What does the man signing off rights and responsibilities have to do with her body?

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Womans*

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cuppycake1919:

This

Quoting angevil53:

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Mhm!

Quoting Anonymous:

People lie to each other every day. How isn't it equal rights? The woman has the ability to say no once a pregnancy exists, so the man should also. Sounds equal. Giving one the choice over the other isn't equal at all. What does the man signing off rights and responsibilities have to do with her body?

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Womans*

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cuppycake1919:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cuppycake1919:

This

Quoting angevil53:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiliM
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM

A man should have the choice to opt out of parenting if the woman makes a solo decision to parent.

~~JeezuzTitz!  We ain't got time for krazee!!~~

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

Aren't choice one and three kind of the same? Men should have a right not to be forced into supporting a child he didn't want from the get go, yes? 

The man didn't have to have his pecker where it didn't belong, and the woman didn't have to oblige that pecker. They would both be equally responsible for the child that resulted from playing around without protection.  If the mother opts to keeps her child, the father is morally bound to pay support for his child. There is no opting out after the fact.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)