Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh...shedding hair....

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM
  • 11 Replies

How long after you had your child did your hair stop shedding/falling out? I had my Daughter almost 5 months ago and it's just disgusting. Every time I brush or run my fingers through my hair, huge globs come out...in the shower eww it's EVERYWHERE. Everywhere I look I find globs of my hair....how long does this last?? lol

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM

BUMP!

tinakinakins
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I'm still dealing with it and my DD is 2. :\
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Yeah, my kid is two, hasn't let up. It's worst after I use conditioner.
tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Oh no!! Do you ladies have long hair as well? It drives me nuts lol is there anything to make it not shed as much?

.Nobody.
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM
My hair sheds a lot. It's because I have my hair up 24/7 and the pony tail is too tight and breaks my hair.

Good thing I have tons of hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM

It's finally back to normal.  My youngest just turned 4.

hnischke
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here!! I knew I would lose some hair but I didn't think it would be this bad. I wonder if getting it cut will help?

Quoting tnkrbell860:

How long after you had your child did your hair stop shedding/falling out? I had my Daughter almost 5 months ago and it's just disgusting. Every time I brush or run my fingers through my hair, huge globs come out...in the shower eww it's EVERYWHERE. Everywhere I look I find globs of my hair....how long does this last?? lol

MsCherry10
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Nioxin makes your hair stronger. Use that system it really works. And cold water supposedly keeps your hair attached to your scalp? That's a rumor I'm going to test tomorrow.

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM

What is that and where do you get it? Idk if I could do the whole cold water thing lol I LOVE my hot showers...Let me know if it works though!!

Quoting MsCherry10:

Nioxin makes your hair stronger. Use that system it really works. And cold water supposedly keeps your hair attached to your scalp? That's a rumor I'm going to test tomorrow.

MsCherry10
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Marshals, tjmax, Walmart hair salon. Lol maybe after I blast my heat in the bathroom ill give it a try 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN