Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't feel like babysitting, just say so!!! VENT

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
Omg, that is the most infuriating thing ever! When I ask someone if they would like to babysit (which is next to never), and they just never call or text back. That, or they say yes and then just fall off of the face of the earth. If you don't want to babysit my kid, then by all means, JUST SAY NO!

Sorry, vent over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM

it sounds like they did, just not in so many words.  mark them off your list to call again, and move on to someone else. 

would you like to babysit.  hell no, but if you neeeeeed me to I'll consider it.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I guess so, but why is it so incredibly difficult to say 'nah, I don't really feel like it'.

Quoting Anonymous:

it sounds like they did, just not in so many words.  mark them off your list to call again, and move on to someone else. 

would you like to babysit.  hell no, but if you neeeeeed me to I'll consider it.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree..

The word "No" isn't hard.. I'm pretty sure I've mastered it..

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

That is pretty irritating. 

SparklePants
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Idk about you but I wouldn't 'like' to babysit anyone's kids, I would do them a favor sure, but I wouldn't jump up and down and beg you to do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I'm confused, you want them to call you back to tell you "no"........... that seems like a waste of time........ I think no answer from them shoulld be your answer. They probably just feel bad saying no.

It's like if a telemarket calls and asks if you want their product... and leaves a msg - do you call them back to tell them you don't want it?

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:39 PM
But I would assume that you would have the decency to say 'no, I don't really feel like it today' or 'no, I won't babysit for you'. It's not hard, and i'm definitely not expecting anyone to jump up and down and beg to keep my child...

Quoting SparklePants:

Idk about you but I wouldn't 'like' to babysit anyone's kids, I would do them a favor sure, but I wouldn't jump up and down and beg you to do it.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM
My point exactly.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I agree..

The word "No" isn't hard.. I'm pretty sure I've mastered it..

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I guess we feel differently on the matter. Which is fine. I just think it's polite to at least respond and say yes or no.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm confused, you want them to call you back to tell you "no"........... that seems like a waste of time........ I think no answer from them shoulld be your answer. They probably just feel bad saying no.

It's like if a telemarket calls and asks if you want their product... and leaves a msg - do you call them back to tell them you don't want it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured