Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working at a fast food place

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Really, any food place. I am going to raise my kids to be better than that. Even for their first job, if the standards for acceptable work and/or income are set early the child will become more successful and strive for a better education and more then likely be a more productive part of society. What are your mature thoughts on this?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question. You never want your kids to work fast food, even as a first job?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Never, 1st,2nd or EVER!!!

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I'm not sure I understand the question. You never want your kids to work fast food, even as a first job?

Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Yes, don't you know 16 year olds should be accountants by that age ;)

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM

What do you suggest is an appropriate first job then?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM

So working at the mall as a first job would be okay?

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM
9 moms liked this

Every kid should work fast food,it teaches what they DON'T want to do with the rest of their lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Well hopefully yours kid turns out to be some sort of genius flies through high school and graduates college prior to all other teenagers so they can get a job elsewhere and not leant how to work their way to a better career like the rest of the world.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
OK well my mature thought is this... fast food places and grocery stores are not horrible places for teenagers to work. They will work around school and extracurriculars without a hassle. They also often have scholarships available for college. The work does suck but when you go to buy something and think about how many hours you'd have to work to earn it, you take pause.

There is nothing that says kids who have better first jobs will be successful in life. I know someone who worked at a bank as part of the work study program in high school and she's on her third husband and has no career direction. What you are talking about is a quality that you have or don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Well at 15-17 and not even a high school degree yet I definitely would not expect them to be a brain surgeon. I would let my child work there hopefully they would see that's what they dont want to do for the rest of their life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
That would be good field trip for failing highschool kids.

Quoting gonecrazi:

Every kid should work fast food,it teaches what they DON'T want to do with the rest of their lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)