Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sorry. We don't want to invite your "special needs" child to our daughter's party!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know it may be mean,,,but dangit...it's MY daughter's birthday...and all your son does is yell, talk too loudly, destroy things, and spit. 

Gee, why am I the bad guy for not wanting him to ruin our party??? It wasn't cheap!!!!

I'm not trying to be mean....but I'm not sure why these parents are so pissed. Our kids aren't even that close...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I have neer gone out of way to do anything offensive to this child or his parents. My daughter doesn't like him...bottom line. I don't care to be around him either. If me not wanting my stuff destroyed by a little demon that his Mommy swears up and down is SN, makes me an asshole, then I will wear that title proudly. 

#2...do the right thing???....since when is "inviting someone that your child doesn't like to their birthday party" doing the right thing? Thats ounds like shitty parenting to me...and I'm glad you're not MY mother. Or my party planner. 

Quoting chikaboombeads:

Grow up!  You have an amazing opportunity to show your child the wonderful gift of tolerance and acceptance.  However, your selfish desires for a "perfect" party are pretty damn pathetic.  

1. Suck it up

2. Do the right thing.

3. Deal with the 'issues' as they arise

4. Move on

5. Eat cake

6. Open presents

7. Be the "Awesome Mom" that sets a good example and all the other parents respect.

8. Go to bed knowing that you are making a difference in someone else's life.

..........or you could exclude the kid and look like the neighborhood asshole, just sayin'

Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:37 PM

If it was my kid I wouldn't bring him to a party if he couldn't or wouldn't behave and ruined it for others. Far too many parents let their disabled kids act badly and use the disability as an excuse. Most disabled kids are capable of learning proper behavior and if the parents don't want to teach them and are pissed they don't get invited too damn bad. It's harder to teach a child with a disability and sadly many parents don't take the time or effort to teach them. I applaud the parents who do. Ones like this who get mad about not being invited are really mad at themselves for not making a bigger effort to teach him right. Sorry I don't care I wouldn't invite him. I am related to several disabled people( adults and children) none of them have poor manners....

Quoting dlnimo:

How would YOU feel if it was YOUR child?

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

You have the right to invite whoever you want ( or rather whoever your child wants) to your child's party. You should never feel obligated to invite anyone just because they happen to be acquainted with your child. If the other child has sensory issues ( that's what it sounds like) a birthday party might not be a comfortable situation for them anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh, right. What was I thinking??

Quoting brebugmom91:

Didn't you know its NEVER EVER the kid or parents fault? Its always someone else's because they didn't "accommodate" or coddle the child.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be wondering why I was such a shitty parent as to make my child so unpalatable as to not receive an invitation.....

Quoting wilesmomma:

If that was the only child excluded I'd be pretty pissed.
LilliesValley
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM
If it was not a whole class party type of thing I don't get the big deal. We invited six kids to dd party and some were in class and some weren't. You invited who you want. Even if its a party with some kids from the neighbourhood and some from school, its not like you need to invite every kid in the neighborhood or every kid in the class. If its every kid in the class but this one then that's wrong but otherwise I don't see the issue. It's your kid, your party. Parties are expensive, you can't always invite everyone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Just make sure she doesn't single him out in other situations. Part of life is dealing with people that bug us, she needs to learn that too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats what we did. She doesn't like that kid because he's rude and loud and just annoying. WHy should she have her party ruined??

Quoting KristenFowles:

It's HER party, she should invite who she wants..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I am the mother to a child like that. We work so hard to work through his issues and teach him how to handle his issues the right way.

I would understand where you are coming from. But I would be hurt. My son works really hard not to do that stuff. He will also tell you while in tears that he really does not know why he can't stop even when he wants to. But when people don't see that side of him, they only have his bad behavior to go by.

I just wish people would not jump to conclusions so fast. However, I know it's human nature to do that. All I can do is be thankfull to the people in our lives who have looked past his flaws.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Hopefully they have a block party and don't invited you.

moroccanmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Its your party
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvmyAiden
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

It is your child's party and unless you are inviting the whole class with the exception of this child then you aren't doing anything wrong. I have a freind whose kid is AWFUL and I wish we weren't so close and I could NOT invite him. He is autistic and odd and physically hurts someone at EVERY gathering. I get your feelings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)