Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sorry. We don't want to invite your "special needs" child to our daughter's party!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know it may be mean,,,but dangit...it's MY daughter's birthday...and all your son does is yell, talk too loudly, destroy things, and spit. 

Gee, why am I the bad guy for not wanting him to ruin our party??? It wasn't cheap!!!!

I'm not trying to be mean....but I'm not sure why these parents are so pissed. Our kids aren't even that close...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

*you're.....and I can exclude anyone I care to exclude from a party that I am paying for to celebrate the birth of MY daughter. If his parents learn to control him a little, then I might consider it....but you're not dropping that thing off here. Nope. Not doing it. I firmly believe he is just a brat,,,and not actually SN. His mom thinks otherwise. 

Quoting mandifox82:

As the parent of a special needs child your a bitch..... You should not exclude a child because of behaviors he can't control

AA2.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
It's your DD's party. If she doesn't want to invite him and it's not one of those "every kid in the class" situations, I don't see the big deal.

DD wanted to invite a little girl from her daycare class to her party. She was special needs, I forget if she had Down syndrome or was autistic. DD was good friends with her and really wanted to invite her. We invited her, but it was a swimming party so I was more than a little concerned about what could happen. (I admittedly know very little about either disability.) Her parents thanked us for including her, but declined. I was somewhat relieved because I was just very unsure about the whole thing. DD wanted her invited, so I did as she asked.

I think it should be up to the birthday girl/boy who is invited. I will say this, though. If your DD went around bragging about who was invited and who was not, that may be a reason why the parents are upset.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cristie0911
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

It's your job to make YOUR kid happy on that day, if someone gets hurt feelings, it's not on you. People need to quit getting their panties in a bunch because their kid isn't invited. She already said they weren't close. If I were that kids parents, unless they were best friends, I wouldn't even expect an invite. She also said he's a spoiled brat, if that's the case then maybe the kids mom will take a hint. If she asked why they weren't invited, I'd do that family a favor and tell them the truth. 

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

So not to be snotty, but why not?

What if the activities are not appropriate for a SN child?

Is it the principle of not being invited solely based upon their SN behaviors that bothers you?

(Seriously, I'm curious not trying to play devils advocate or anything)

Quoting mandifox82:

As the parent of a special needs child your a bitch..... You should not exclude a child because of behaviors he can't control

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Your title leads me to believe that you are a quim.

However, it is your Dd's party and you are right, she can invite who she wants.

.. I would hope that the parents learn to tell their son to stay away from judgemental people now. 

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Not every one gets invited to everything. It's your party, invite who you want

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I work with people I don't like everytime I go into work.  That is life!  I personally would have invited the child anyways.  I am sure if you would explained it to your child if your raising him with any compassion he would have understood.  From a mom with a child with autism.  

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Well it's your party. People need to get uses to disappointment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting raschwittay:

I'm torn. If your child didnt want him to attend. Id respect his wishes, it is his party. But.... I would feel horrible if he knew about the party and wasnt invited. Maybe id casually run it past the parents, "my son is having a party, your more than welcome to join us"  dont send an invitation, but dont make it so obvious he isnt invited. 

Or....

teach your child that everyone is different and accept people the way they are.

you can accept someone as being different and still not want to be their friend.
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

wow....... walking the fuck outta this post 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured