Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

KEEP YOUR F***IN DOG TIED UP!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: what do you do?

Options:

tie out

fenced yard

leash

just let them run loose

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 173

View Results

I live in a smallish town. we do have a animal control officer

i have a small 13 lb dog and my MIL has a small shihtzu. we have tie outs for the dogs to be leashed to when they have to go potty BUT every freakin single there are at least four dogs running around my street in front of my yard. most of the time its the same freakin dogs. a couple of times i had to use a snow shovel for protection just to put my kids on their bus. do you just let your dogs run loose if you dont have a fenced yard or do you have a tie out?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM

no dogs but when i lived at home they were in a fence.

DeathGoddess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM

my dog is off leash trained and very well behaved, but she is NEVER out with someone standng there with her in the yard

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM
What state do you live in where people do that? The south?
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM
kansas

Quoting Anonymous:

What state do you live in where people do that? The south?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM

One of our cats has gotten out a couple of times to attack this dog because it pisses her off. She gets out when I'm not home because my husband doesn't watch her well enough.

Quoting silverdawn99:

I get angry t our dog for barking outside lol

Quoting mattiehatter:

I am in a very small town and there are two white rats that run around. One of them belongs to my neighbor three doors down and that evil little shit barks at nothing at all hours of the night and uses the bathroom where ever it pleases of course. I don't know where the other rat lives, but I've asked the neighbor to please get a handle on her dog (of course she blew me off) so we have taken it to the landlord whom has heard multiple complaints about that stupid dog.

Ani2013
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I don't understand people who live in studio apartments and have a dog. Dogs are social animals, you have to let them roam freely inside fenced yard. When out, pls lease your dogs - dogs locked up in rooms all day can jump at any stranger.

Looking for great fashion finds, blow out sales, store-wide clearances? ValueShop is a deal alert system that lets you shop the brands for the least price possible. Join and enjoy!

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

We have a fence. I can't stand when people let their dogs run loose.

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I live in a very VERY rural area and my dog is still on a runner. Our nearest neighbor is 2 miles away but I won't take a chance on him getting hit or running away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
This is what we do. Our next neighbor is about a mile away. Plus, our house is set far away from the road. Our dogs mostly stay inside, but they like to be outside in the spring and fall. They tend to scare the moles, rabbits, little critters out of our vegetable garden, too!

Quoting silverdawn99:

I can understand country dogs not being tied up

Quoting Fields456:

We live in the country. My little dog doesn't leave the yard. And our husky will occasionally to go down to my neighbors and play with her dog but most of the time just lounges hopefully our new puppy will learn not to take off

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
So very true
I am teaching my children to ask to pet a dog before they do

Quoting Ani2013:

I don't understand people who live in studio apartments and have a dog. Dogs are social animals, you have to let them roam freely inside fenced yard. When out, pls lease your dogs - dogs locked up in rooms all day can jump at any stranger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)