Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bipolor and Borderline Personality Disorder....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

Who has one or both of these??

What do you do to help you?

What does your husband do?

How can your SO help you in those times or keep it from getting to the "fit" part?

If your SO has it......

How do you feel?   What do you do to help?  How do you know it is about to "explode"?

I dont' want to take pills. I went through to many as a teenager and never felt like myself or even like I was in control.

Are there certain things you HAVE to do?  or avoid?

I have been looking online and I'm afraid I am going to have to talk to a Dr about it. I don't want it to be "documented" on my adult "record" per-say.   Yet I am feeling like I can't NOT anymore..     I have seen online that they say it isn't a personality flaw it is an actual illness.  Is this something someone can elaborate on...

I know there are many moms here that suffer from it or have a SO that does.......

so here I am.

even embarrassed being anonymous...........

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs mama!!  we all have flaws in life--no matter what it is-get the help mama--take care and thinking of you

redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom is. She doesn't tell me much and we live away from her now.

I hope you get things straightened out mama:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy980106
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM
DH has bipolar disorder - he takes meds and does therapy. Nothing to be ashamed of, there are wonderful therapies and medications that work.
Good luck, take care of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Bunp
kidlover2
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM
My ex-husband & my mom does.... my 6 year old is showing symptoms.
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

First off, I started off being ashamed at first because of all the negative stigma that came with it. But you shouldn't be embarrassed. Things are so much more accepted and talked about now that it really isn't as big of deal.

I have Bipolar. I am on medication to deal with it. I spent several years without medication and it destroyed my life. I am the best I have been since medication.

My husband is very understanding. When I get in my "fits" he will take the boys downstairs to play, give me a foot rub to help calm down, just in general ask what he can do to help.

I take a combination of Lamictal-this is the one that changed my life for the better, Wellbutrin, and also Klonipin-an anti-anxiety medication to help calm me down from my rage attacks. Even with these I still feel my cycles, but not to the extremes I used to.

My mood correlates very strongly to the moon cycle. There is a lot of merit to that. The moons' gravitational force can change the water tide. Our bodies are 70 percent water. It stands to reason that it could affect us in some way. Full moons are my weakness points. I track the full moons so I can "prepare" in a way. it's not always every full moon but it does tend to help at times.

Bipolar on your "record" is not a bad thing. I understand it is hard to process what is going on though. mucho hugs! <3

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Borderline Personality disorder is rare, and typically wrongly diagnosed.

And entirely different to bipolar.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM

bipolar is treated with meds, personality disorders cannot be treated with meds, but if someone has a co ucurring mood disoder or anxiety disorder it can be treated with meds  FYI i personally believe the borderline diagnosis is a crock of shit and doesnt exist

SunshineBird
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM

My step mother is bipolar and my younger sister was diagnosed BPD. My step mother absolutely has to be medicated or all hell breaks loose with her. My sister is coping by trying to be aware of her symptoms and adjust her behaviors (I think, anyway). She receives no therapy or meds. 

Sharbear42371
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Nothing at all to be ashamed of but I do understand.  My adult sd is bipolar and refuses to get help.  I strongly reccomend you telling your dr of these feeling asap.  No sense in suffering alone when there are things to help you.  If untreated it is really hard on the person with the illness and the people that love them.  Hugs momma. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)