Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Driving/Traffic Pet Peeves **Vent Here!**

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

Gah! I like my city. I really do, even if its not the biggest or the best. But my goodness our drivers are flippin' idiots! Today I encountered one of my biggest pet peeves on the road, and it doesn't happen often but when it does it just makes me annoyed.

I can't stand "show off" drivers. We have some that like to cruise the busiest roads on the weekends. They just cruise up and down, weaving in and out of traffic, blasting thier bass, and trying to "race" people at the light. They have all these cheesy bells and whistles on their cars like spinners, lights and huge spoilers.Some moron next to me started revving his engine and he was looking at me. Lol I drive a little Pontiac G6, and I have 3 kids in the back. For the life of me I have no clue what made this guy think I was at all impressed by how noisy his engine is, or that I wanted to race him. I try to just ignore them. The light turns green and he speeds off while I'm just taking my foot off the damn brake. He kept slowing down for me to catch up and when I did he would speed up again and try to get in front of me. W.T.F is wrong with people?

Ok now I want to hear yours. Aaaand go!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TugBoatMama
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Bump

TugBoatMama
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Bump
missamanda86
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I live near Seattle and I HATE people period up here. They drive 10 under the limit on the 5 and Im like fucking realy? If I wanted to be behind a Sunday driver, Id go out on Sunday...that and the people who think they are tiny and can fit in a 3 foot interval between two cars...really people

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this

People who cut in front of a whole line of traffic when a lane ends, or drive on the shoulder to merge at the last second. Sometimes truckers will block these asshats off and I love it when that happens!

supermomz25
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM
3 moms liked this

the pictures below should sum up my feelings:

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

People with fucking phones. Texting and driving is illegal here, but you would never know it. I was screaming "stop texting and fucking merge" a few months ago (no children were with me and I was in the passenger seat lol). He damned near merged with the guardrail before he realized he was out of lane.

MissMissfit
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

It is every other car, to merge onto a highway. Stop fucking acting like it is a surprise that I want to get in front/behind you on an on-ramp. If people actually followed the rule, half of L.A. traffic would be gone. 

Do NOT get into the fast lane and do 66mph. 

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I can't stand it when people text and drive or chat on their phones while driving.  Some jerk nearly side swiped me at the airport, because she was trying to dial her phone, while driving and started to drift into my lane.  Another thing that drives me crazy is when you are entering a parking space, and some ass races into it from the oppsite direction, and nearly hits you head on, and then forces you to back up out of the space, by continuing to creep up.  The jackass that did this to me in the airport parking lot was lucky that I was in a good mood and didn't take his plate number. I was really tempted to report him to the police, since he nearly hit me, but decided it wasn't worth it.   Lastly. I don't understand why people drive 45mph in a 55 or 65 mph speed zone on the highway. If they hate driving in heavy traffic, why can't they get off and take another route.  I also don't get why people who are merging onto the highway from an on ramp suddenly slow down, and then creep into traffic, only to stop when they are halfway into the right lane, and force everyone behind them to slam on their breaks, and then continue their merge.  I hate driving.

tinakinakins
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I call them 'buzz bombs'. Those cars that look all 'decked' out with rims and stuff. but these cars have those HUGE exhaust pipes, that sound like 'frrrrraaaaaaaaaap' all loud and annoying. Ugh. 

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It is even better when you see the car go by on the shoulder only to be followed a second later by a State Trooper. This may sound mean, but I love it when idiot drivers get pulled over for doing stuff like that.

Quoting momtolittleg:

People who cut in front of a whole line of traffic when a lane ends, or drive on the shoulder to merge at the last second. Sometimes truckers will block these asshats off and I love it when that happens!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)