Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those brats kept pinching my kid so...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

We were at a friends house. They have twin four year old terrors. They are the meanest boys you will ever meet. THeir parents have absolutely no control over them. They have the run of the house and its sick.
I have two kids. They are three and seven.
All our kids were playing together- well my two were trying to play and their two were being demons.Anyway we were about to leave, so my husband goes into the playroom and says "ok kids time to clean up" He proceeded to help them clean up while I helped the mom in the kitchen. Those kids kept pulling my dd's hair and pushing my son. All night long the parents had been threatening these kids and not following through on anything. I mean nothing. One of them hit his mom and she just let out this big sigh- that was it. Well back to the playroom- they got close to my son to push him again and my husband pinched the pressure point on his neck. He yelled a little bit and started cleaning. He didnt even look in my son's direction again.
We wont be going back over there. I can take their horrible behavior.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Your husband should NOT have put his hands on a kid that wasn't his.  you should have confronted the parents instead.  But I don't blame you for not wanting to go over there any more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM

teQuoting Miller0305:

Your husband should NOT have put his hands on a kid that wasn't his.  you should have confronted the parents instead.  But I don't blame you for not wanting to go over there any more.

they didnt even discipline the children when they hit them(their parents)

they had been witnessing their terrivble behavior all night long. what do you think saying would have done?

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yeah, I was going to say looks like you shouldn't have anymore playdates..

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I would have maybe not done the pressure thing on the neck but something close like grab his hand or arm. But yeah, I wouldn't be going back. I can't deal with the whole "I just don't know what to do with them about them (sigh)" crap either. Dd and I may hang out with someone like that one time, but that's it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

teQuoting Miller0305:

they had been witnessing their terrivble behavior all night long. what do you think saying would have done?

Honestly you should have just got up and left right then.. There's no excuse for him to put his hands on another child, no matter how out of control they are.  But it's done, and over with..  But I'd talk to him about NOT doing something similar again no matter what, certain people can turn something "small' into a lawsuit.. and fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

oh dont worry. we will not be going over there for a long time. it was all I could do to last through dinner.

they always say "oh your son is so sweet. how do you get him to behave so well"

for one- I dont let him have free run over everyone. He was taught respect from day one.

Quoting KristenFowles:

Yeah, I was going to say looks like you shouldn't have anymore playdates..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont have a problem with what my husband did

Quoting KristenFowles:

Quoting Anonymous:

teQuoting Miller0305:

Honestly you should have just got up and left right then.. There's no excuse for him to put his hands on another child, no matter how out of control they are.  But it's done, and over with..  But I'd talk to him about NOT doing something similar again no matter what, certain people can turn something "small' into a lawsuit.. and fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:27 PM

yeah the whole sighing thing really bothers me. wtf

youre the parent. put your foot down.

Quoting LilliesValley:

I would have maybe not done the pressure thing on the neck but something close like grab his hand or arm. But yeah, I wouldn't be going back. I can't deal with the whole "I just don't know what to do with them about them (sigh)" crap either. Dd and I may hang out with someone like that one time, but that's it.

puddinpopsmama
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
A lot of moms will bash but I say go dad! We went to the jump house and a terror started slamming my 15 month Oldsmobile head into a plastic slide( he wasn't supposed to be in that area) then my DD 4 comes out of a bounce house saying someone was hitting her and I look in and its the terror, I had already tried to find his parents with no luck so I let him have it. I told him he needs to keep his hands to himself and asked if he likes it when he gets hit...along with some other things he looked pike he was about to cry after. Dhs then goes to DD he puts his hands on u again you punch him and showed her how to do it....a little less tactful but hey kids gotta learn to defend herself and honestly if ur kids a terror don't let them run rampid slamming babies heads into thing repeatedly in a section he's to old to he in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Okay. Quoting Anonymous:

I dont have a problem with what my husband did

Quoting KristenFowles:

Quoting Anonymous:

teQuoting Miller0305:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)