Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was hired for a job today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

and I just realized that I don't want it anymore. :(

I will be working evenings. I won't be home for dinner, bedtime stories, and I will only get an hour with my DD in the mornings before she goes to school. She'll be in bed before I get home. Now I want to cry. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicole1357
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Ah don't be sad momma! Make sure you make those mornings count. Extra conversations during breakfast. Maybe a quick story at the bus stop or in the car (she can read to you) Sing a longs while fixing her hair before school! It'll be okay. Maybe a note in her lunchbox(dont know if she eats school lunch) Do you work weekends? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Yeah, I'll be working weekends. I know it won't be every day, but I took her going to school really hard to begin with because I went from being a sahm and having her with me every day, all day, to suddenly only being with her for 4 hours a day. Now, I just suddenly feel down. :(

Quoting Nicole1357:

Ah don't be sad momma! Make sure you make those mornings count. Extra conversations during breakfast. Maybe a quick story at the bus stop or in the car (she can read to you) Sing a longs while fixing her hair before school! It'll be okay. Maybe a note in her lunchbox(dont know if she eats school lunch) Do you work weekends? 

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
What kind of job is it? Why'd you fill out an employment application AND go to the interview if you weren't 100% sure you wanted to work?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Because we need the money. It's a retail job. I'm in classes during the day. It was just something I literally just realized. :(

Quoting 3xangel:

What kind of job is it? Why'd you fill out an employment application AND go to the interview if you weren't 100% sure you wanted to work?

Nicole1357
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I went through this same thing. It was hard for me as well. I'm sorry you feel so down. Hopefully adjusting to the new schedule will become easier. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I'll be working weekends. I know it won't be every day, but I took her going to school really hard to begin with because I went from being a sahm and having her with me every day, all day, to suddenly only being with her for 4 hours a day. Now, I just suddenly feel down. :(

Quoting Nicole1357:

Our God is healer, awesome in power!

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM
*hugs* well, just try to remember that it's only temporary and you're doing this to better your family.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we need the money. It's a retail job. I'm in classes during the day. It was just something I literally just realized. :(

Quoting 3xangel:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

If you need the money, then you need to do it.  I know it sucks.  But cherish those few hours you have with her in the morning, and do what you can to better your financial situation.  We've been there, and we're still there for a few more weeks.  Right now, with DH's work schedule, he's lucky if he sees our older DS at all in a given 24 hour period.  DH hates not spending time with him, but he does his best to make up for it when they do get to have time together.

Sonflower71
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I would not take it. Life's too short to not see your children except for an hour in the morning. Keep looking for something with day hours.
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM

You gotta do what you gotta do, kids will be ok, its just temporary. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN