Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

KKK hangs 3 black men?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dad just told me a story about how in the 1970's he was in basic training in Louisiana with the Army. And Just outside the Army base there was 3 black men hung over the interstate. According to him the KKK told everyone that the persons who took them down would be the next ones killed..

My amazement is IT WAS STILL GOING ON IN THE MID 70's?

I thought Martin Luther King's whole dream was already much farther along than that by then.....?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
mhaney03
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Yes.  One was hanged right near where I live under the train bridge in the 70's.  Another, my dad found him hanging in the woods behind an upscale neighborhood when he used to survey land.

melisawoosley
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quoting hreynol25:

Kkk is still alive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
They don't tolerate hate! That must suck for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously my comment gets removed for stating my opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolkaDots3220
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I know right?!?!? Geeze people...

Quoting Anonymous:

That makes me SICK!

RECRUITING KKK?!

Thank God I live up north...

Quoting PolkaDots3220:

It's happening in my town RIGHT NOW. There were flyers passed around in neighborhood mailboxes about joining the KKK. It was on the local news here. CRAZY!! I couldn't believe it! Ignorant people.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
In te late 90s a black man was drug behind a truck to his death by. 2
White men in jasper Texas. I can't remember if they were KKK or not But the KKK is very much still active they ate just more private now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaraLani
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My best friend's mom grew up in Louisiana or something like that, and the local KKK chapter would apprently hand out fliers for meetings Sunday afternoons as people were leaving church. Racism is STILL an issue, including the KKK and other white supremacist groups, but it goes ALL ways- there seems to be someone, somewhere in the US at all times who hates one race or another to the point of violence. I hate it, but it's true. We just have to try to teach our children tolerance as best as we can, and avoid the kind of people who push hate.

MissTyff
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM

There are plenty of things that the media doesn't cover. And MLK didn't end the KKK.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it is the media would have a carnival with it

Quoting Queen_Bree:

You are sadly mistaken if you think this sort of thing still isn't happening. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM
my dh was gang bashed by a group of blacks a few years ago.......he was kicked in the head so badly that his skull was fractured on the forehead.... he woke up in the emergency ward with his wallet, phone and clothe all taken by them...i dont think i should say anymore on this topic
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I can still remember signs at each end of town in the place I grew up warning black people not to be there after dark. I was born in 77 so this was the early 80's.

my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I just deleted a guy from facebook earlier for constantly posting things about supporting the kkk. I dont know where these people get such hatred. Unfortunatly ignorance won't die.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured