Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

KKK hangs 3 black men?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dad just told me a story about how in the 1970's he was in basic training in Louisiana with the Army. And Just outside the Army base there was 3 black men hung over the interstate. According to him the KKK told everyone that the persons who took them down would be the next ones killed..

My amazement is IT WAS STILL GOING ON IN THE MID 70's?

I thought Martin Luther King's whole dream was already much farther along than that by then.....?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Replies (71-80):
babyblue415
by champagne on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM

that shit is still going on

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM

It doesn't shock me that it was still going on in the mid 70s. Civil rights had made large strides, but there were still many who were "set in their ways" and didn't care if they committed a hate crime. Unfortunately even in this day and age it still happens. It's disgusting.

ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this
My friends father needed surgery and lost an eye and was in icu for a month because 4 white guys jumped him with baseball bats after luring him by calling his business and 'hiring' him. Whats your point? The actions of a few do not damn a whole race.

Quoting Anonymous:

my dh was gang bashed by a group of blacks a few years ago.......he was kicked in the head so badly that his skull was fractured on the forehead.... he woke up in the emergency ward with his wallet, phone and clothe all taken by them...i dont think i should say anymore on this topic

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Why'd they think your a baby killer? What uniform would possibly initiate that?

And I'm so sorry you and your Dh have delt with that.. :-( makes my heart hurt

Quoting vetNmommy:

There will always be hate no matter the race, job, ect. Just like I had people throw soda cans at me and yell baby killer at me while at a gas station in uniform. Obviously the we're against the military. Hubby and I have also gotten shit for him marrying me, I'm white he is Hispanic. I do not notice anymore. It's just the way it is. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy shit. That.pisses off me off. That's HORRIBLEhit

Quoting vetNmommy:

Still happening.ni know out here in ok in the small towns blacks will be chased out of town. A black family moved to one of the towns, first night there they had a cross burning in the front yard. Smh. We also see skin heads often. Which makes hubby nervous, but they leave us alone.

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I was in the army. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

There will always be hate no matter the race, job, ect. Just like I had people throw soda cans at me and yell baby killer at me while at a gas station in uniform. Obviously the we're against the military. Hubby and I have also gotten shit for him marrying me, I'm white he is Hispanic. I do not notice anymore. It's just the way it is. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Still happening.ni know out here in ok in the small towns blacks will be chased out of town. A black family moved to one of the towns, first night there they had a cross burning in the front yard. Smh. We also see skin heads often. Which makes hubby nervous, but they leave us alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I'm apparently missing the link...
Army..... Babykiller¿? How does one equal the other?

Quoting vetNmommy:

I was in the army. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM

During the Vietnam war that is what some believed we were. ( protest against the war) sadly some still view us that way. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

I was in the army. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM
http://yeyeolade.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/lynching-still-lynching-black-men-in-2010-amerikkka-still-is-very-racist/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Wowsa..ignorance is amazingly prolific tonight

Quoting vetNmommy:

During the Vietnam war that is what some believed we were. ( protest against the war) sadly some still view us that way. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

I was in the army. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Are you referring to myself or the actions of others?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wowsa..ignorance is amazingly prolific tonight

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

I was in the army. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)