Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I love it!

Question..how do I keep the color that come off of it from staining my sheets and clothes? :/ 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Replies (261-270):
Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

If the color was leaking out it would need fixed... You can see in her pictures where the color is missing and the lines are wavy... I would get that fixed... 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

WTF?

Why can't you answer me and explain what you would expect the tattoo artist to do about it.

Quoting Queen_Bree:

I dont even care what you are talking about.. Im just glad you aren't the dog lady running her crazy mouth again... LMAO. Have a great night!

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Go back for what? What would you expect them to do? You've even implied that she had it done by a "friend" instead of a professional just because you haven't experienced what many of us have explained to you is a very common occurrence. I even explained to you exactly how/why happens and you are still arguing that it isn't normal.

Quoting Queen_Bree:

And ONCE AGAIN>>> I would go back! I dont care what she does.. I gave my personal experience and opinion. I would go back. PERIOD.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Once again, it is very common and normal. No need for her to go back.

Quoting Queen_Bree:

I have never heard of or have seen any such thing.... I dont think its normal and I would go back.... 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

There is nothing wrong. It is very common for the ink that has stained the top layer of skin to come off each time you put ointment on it. The ointment looses the ink from the surface of the skin and then the ink stains the ointment.

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Something is TERRIBLY wrong with that! You need to go back and let them know... or is this one of those tats done by a "friend"....

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

I'm not sure why the color is coming off... I dont think that should be happening.... Never happened to me when I got tats

The colored part came off a little right after I got it done. The black is seeping whenever I put A&D on it. 

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
She can go back, but she'll be told it's normal.
I have 11 tattoos and all of mine bled colour for a day or so. Also, all of mine were done by professionals, in shops, with YEARS of experience.

Quoting Queen_Bree:

And ONCE AGAIN>>> I would go back! I dont care what she does.. I gave my personal experience and opinion. I would go back. PERIOD.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

I have never heard of or have seen any such thing.... I dont think its normal and I would go back.... 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

There is nothing wrong. It is very common for the ink that has stained the top layer of skin to come off each time you put ointment on it. The ointment looses the ink from the surface of the skin and then the ink stains the ointment.

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Something is TERRIBLY wrong with that! You need to go back and let them know... or is this one of those tats done by a "friend"....

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

I'm not sure why the color is coming off... I dont think that should be happening.... Never happened to me when I got tats

The colored part came off a little right after I got it done. The black is seeping whenever I put A&D on it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh good grief..... it isn't leaking. There is nothing to fix. The ink is coming from the surface of the skin. No, you can't see where color is missing because no color is missing. The lines look wavy because of swelling and the ink that is on the surface of the skin. 

Quoting Queen_Bree:

If the color was leaking out it would need fixed... You can see in her pictures where the color is missing and the lines are wavy... I would get that fixed... 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

WTF?

Why can't you answer me and explain what you would expect the tattoo artist to do about it.

Quoting Queen_Bree:

I dont even care what you are talking about.. Im just glad you aren't the dog lady running her crazy mouth again... LMAO. Have a great night!

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Go back for what? What would you expect them to do? You've even implied that she had it done by a "friend" instead of a professional just because you haven't experienced what many of us have explained to you is a very common occurrence. I even explained to you exactly how/why happens and you are still arguing that it isn't normal.

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:16 AM

We have a differing opinion... Get over it already. 

eye rolling

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Oh good grief..... it isn't leaking. There is nothing to fix. The ink is coming from the surface of the skin. No, you can't see where color is missing because no color is missing. The lines look wavy because of swelling and the ink that is on the surface of the skin. 

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

WTF?

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Quoting Queen_Bree:

We have a differing opinion... Get over it already. 

eye rolling

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

WTF?

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Oh good. You guys are still arguing the same point in my post. Oh, and pot meet kettle. You could stop arguing and responding to her too, you know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this

it looks nice me, according to a tiny picture on the internet!! it's also red like she just walked away from the parlor... tatts always look awkward when healing... color looks bold & vibrant...

just b/c you don't like it doesn't mean you have to negate my opinion of it!

Quoting Anonymous:

It isn't well done by any means. 

The lines are shaky. The design could have been nice but it is completely off set  . The color is horrible. 

Quoting Anonymous:

not my cup of tea, but it's well done!!

clemmy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

OP, I've had the oozing happen too, it comes with using the A&D ointment

wrap your arm loosely in an old pillowcase when you go to sleep, try to keep your arm over your head, at least as you fall asleep. that'll keep it from getting everywhere. stick with a pillowcase, towels are too scratchy. I've got an entire sleeve's worth of ink that I treated just like that, and it's all beautiful :)

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Quoting clemmy:

wrap your arm loosely in an old pillowcase when you go to sleep, try to keep your arm over your head, at least as you fall asleep. that'll keep it from getting everywhere. stick with a pillowcase, towels are too scratchy. I've got an entire sleeve's worth of ink that I treated just like that, and it's all beautiful :)

It's not really oozing anymore. :) Thank you for the advice! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM

It's been awhile since you posted this so my answer won't help. The ink doesn't actually come out. For the first 2 or so days it may bleed a little, especially when covered, so it's good to cover it with Saran Wrap. I keep mine wrapped for 3-4 nights after i get a new tattoo and if I go out and wear anything that covers theem I wrap them as well. It helps a lot. I have over 30 tattoos and have had no issues with losing color or with healing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Saran wrap works well, too. I have both arms completly done as well as my legs and my feet. Arms are simple to keep wrapped. Also, any one who uses A & D ointment after they get a tattoo is asking for color loss. I use Aquaphor. Tattoos still bleed (or "ooze"as you say), no matter what you use on them, for the 1st 2-3 nights.

Quoting clemmy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)