Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I love it!

Question..how do I keep the color that come off of it from staining my sheets and clothes? :/ 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Replies (271-274):
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Saran wrap works well, too. I have both arms completly done as well as my legs and my feet. Arms are simple to keep wrapped. Also, any one who uses A & D ointment after they get a tattoo is asking for color loss. I use Aquaphor. Tattoos still bleed (or "ooze"as you say), no matter what you use on them, for the 1st 2-3 nights.

Quoting clemmy:

OP, I've had the oozing happen too, it comes with using the A&D ointment

wrap your arm loosely in an old pillowcase when you go to sleep, try to keep your arm over your head, at least as you fall asleep. that'll keep it from getting everywhere. stick with a pillowcase, towels are too scratchy. I've got an entire sleeve's worth of ink that I treated just like that, and it's all beautiful :)

Why? A&D and Aquaphor have the same main ingredient.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Saran wrap works well, too. I have both arms completly done as well as my legs and my feet. Arms are simple to keep wrapped. Also, any one who uses A & D ointment after they get a tattoo is asking for color loss. I use Aquaphor. Tattoos still bleed (or "ooze"as you say), no matter what you use on them, for the 1st 2-3 nights.

Quoting clemmy:

OP, I've had the oozing happen too, it comes with using the A&D ointment

wrap your arm loosely in an old pillowcase when you go to sleep, try to keep your arm over your head, at least as you fall asleep. that'll keep it from getting everywhere. stick with a pillowcase, towels are too scratchy. I've got an entire sleeve's worth of ink that I treated just like that, and it's all beautiful :)

Why? A&D and Aquaphor have the same main ingredient.

Beats me. I just know that when I have used it and when anyone else I know has used it their color work has faded (work from different artists) and I have never had that happen with Aquaphor. I am not an expert on what's is creams or why 1 does this and the other does that. I just know from my own personal experiences.

xXxLillithxXx
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Super cute!

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Super cute!

Thanks! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)