Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cradle Cap... cures

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 39 Replies

Any one have a home remody for cradle cap. I noticed earlier today that my little mans head is dry and flaky and it looks like crady cap, so exciting I know.. So does anyone know anything that works. I added some baby oil after his bath and brushed it like crazy. 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IFartGlitter
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this

gently massage and brush with coconut oil. Olive oil works too. Keep doing it as often as needed-- it'll clear up soon on its own.

levansbx
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My 20 month old stayed getting it recently, so I'm interested to!!. Here's a bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I tried every natural remedy I could find, I finally broke down and spent $10 on a cradle cap remover kit from target. It was gone that night after 1 use, and never came back
levansbx
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Would that be good for a toddler too? She never had it as an infant!

Quoting IFartGlitter:

gently massage and brush with coconut oil. Olive oil works too. Keep doing it as often as needed-- it'll clear up soon on its own.

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM

awesome. I didnt want to have to get special shampoo from a dr for him just yet lol. his daddy is allergic to all the medicated shampoos so i dont want to risk it yet

Quoting IFartGlitter:

mommy2lexinmark
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Baby oil gel and a comb! I tried EVERYTHING and it worked and fast, and she had it BAD!
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM

is it safe to use on a 6 wk old 

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried every natural remedy I could find, I finally broke down and spent $10 on a cradle cap remover kit from target. It was gone that night after 1 use, and never came back

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
It's probably a food allergy

Quoting levansbx:

Would that be good for a toddler too? She never had it as an infant!

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM

his isnt too bad, thank god lol its on the crown of his head and his eye brows are flaky too

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

Baby oil gel and a comb! I tried EVERYTHING and it worked and fast, and she had it BAD!

Caitlin1983
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Olive oil
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured