Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm nervous and want to cancel.*Update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
1 mom liked this

So next weekend is mine and dh 5 year anniversary..we have been together for 10 years..and our amazing neighbor for Christmas gave us a free night of child care and a gift card for a resturant and we decided to use it for our anniversary..but I am nervous. We have a dd who just turned 3 and literally have never gone anywhere with out her except one night for a friends birthday but we left after she fell asleep.

The reason is one when don't know a whole bunch of people we trust to babysit literally we would trust 2 families one can't babysit because it he is higher up authority than dh and that's a no no and our neighbors..we literally have no family anywhere close. And our neighbors jobs work them odd hours so we never thought to ask them.

TWO is this is personal feeling and not sure why I feel this way..but she is our daughter and our responsibility no one else's.So I feel guilty with the thought of leaving her with someone to care for her while we go out for fun. I mean I leave her with dh when I go grocery shopping or clothes shopping for dd new clothes for the season or quick trips to get something. I just feel we brought her in this world so why should I ask someone else to care for her while we go have fun (work is a totally different thing that doesn't bother me because I'm going to make money to help provide for her). I have no idea why I feel this way at all and dh agrees he says he feels the same way. He also agrees she should be with us if we decided to eat out or go do something fun she our family.

but because of this I am literally nervous to go downtown and out to eat with dh without our dd.

*ETA*

see I don't have a problem leaving her for play dates or during sports lessons for a hour or two its just when we go out to eat or doing something special I feel guilty paying someone to take care of her. 

*eta*

thanks ladies I guess I have to realize that next weekend (well the date has changed) she offered to do this I mean she even gave us a gift card to pay for dinner. So in no way am I being a burden to her with having her watch dd no matter what it entails. I had just got off the phone with her to confirm the date and time and she asked if we could change the date to during the week because her dh and son ( he is 15) want to help watch dd for the evening. THat whole family love her as if she was biologically their own so there is no fear that she won't be safe and won't have fun I know she will.

I am hoping that when we move closer to home in a couple months back to where I know people and to family that I know I can trust that this wont be a problem. 

So we went out and it was much easier knowing she wasn't missing out on fun..our neighbor asked if we wouldn't mind if they took her for some ice cream after she ate dinner. We said sure we trust them as if they were our own parents. Anyways we got home about 30 minutes before they did. She came home and had this huge story of everything they did and how she had fun. But now we are all going to cuddle on the couch and watch a cartoon.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sucker4myloves
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM
15 moms liked this

Holy shnikes woman, take your life back

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I just wonder if not having anyone we trust enough to watch her has contributed to this feeling. I mean we know people but no one enough that we would leave dd with them for a few hours. Or if this is from something I'm blocking out from child hood I have no idea.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

livric
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM
5 moms liked this

It is ok mama!!!!  Go out and enjoy your evening with your DH!  Your DD will be just fine... Go and HAVE FUN.  remember,  it is just as important to work on your marriage and make time for the 2 of you..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, u are totally smothering your child. Leave you kid and enjoy the night out. That is what you do if you want to be married to celebrate the next 5 yrs of marraige.
jesistar6910
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Doooood. Chillax. Take some time for you and DH. The sitter is just a phone call away.

Edit:  Also, nanny cam your kids doll or something if you are that freaked out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I feel the exact same way so don't feel bad.
RLT2
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM
4 moms liked this

It's not an African safari, it's dinner and a couple of hours.

NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM
5 moms liked this

Go enjoy yourself. She will be ok. You sound like you could use a break. A few hours to decompress and enjoy your DH. Kids are happy when you are happy! 

jibberjabby
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I feel you Mama. I don't trust anyone with my LO.. mostly because I literally feel like I can't trust anyone with my LO. People have offered to watch, but if you can't follow my rules, you can't watch my kid. I don't know how I am going to get past it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just wonder if not having anyone we trust enough to watch her has contributed to this feeling. I mean we know people but no one enough that we would leave dd with them for a few hours. Or if this is from something I'm blocking out from child hood I have no idea.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

FL2AK
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to go.  Your anxiety is not healthy at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)