Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How concerned are you about climate change?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 58 Replies

With the talk going around about how we're heading towards a two degree global average temperature increase that could cause crop failures and food prices to go up, are you worried?

Do you think it's a possible doom for humanity? A problem at all? Made up? Have you ever read any books on the subject, or otherwise learned about it? 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that anyone concerned about global warming should move to Idaho, cause it clearly isn't affecting us. 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I work for a small town buffalo rancher in Kansas, and we had a horrible drought last year that put the company in jeopardy. Thankfully I was able to keep my job. But it looks like we are headed for another dry summer, and we barely made it through the last one, so I'm concerned I will lose my job this year. This will be my 5th year with the company, too. :( So yeah, it makes me nervous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I've definitely noticed, Wisconsin winters have never been so mild. My dh swears that the Earth is simply going through a heating cycle (thank you Ancient Aliens lol) but I can't help but think we're just fucking the planet up.

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not concerned.

Gas prices affect food prices more than anything. 

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't believe it's made up. I am concerned and if I think about it long enough, I could get anxiety. I don't worry too much though because I don't fear. I have no reason to. All the fear in the world won't change anything. I do what I can and I think more and more people are doing small things. Getting better as we learn. Ultimately, God tells me he will get me through everything.

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm more worried about that big hunk of rock that narrowly missed the earth that will return in the 20's and may hit us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Technicly we are soposed to be in an iceage right now according to scientists. Nothing we can do to help the planet. Its too late. Its gonna continue to do what it wants. I dont believe that man is causing it. 

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM

The earth does go through heating cycles, so he's right, but scientists have discovered that we're heating up at a way faster rate than we have in the past. Also frogs and toads are starting to die off because their habitats are drying up which is a bad sign, and other ecosystems are getting out of whack.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've definitely noticed, Wisconsin winters have never been so mild. My dh swears that the Earth is simply going through a heating cycle (thank you Ancient Aliens lol) but I can't help but think we're just fucking the planet up.

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

That's how I feel too. I'm concious of it, but I can't think about it too long or it makes me sad. I don't drive a car (not because I'm noble, just because I don't have one), but that makes me happy I'm able to do that.

Quoting Ultra_:

I don't believe it's made up. I am concerned and if I think about it long enough, I could get anxiety. I don't worry too much though because I don't fear. I have no reason to. All the fear in the world won't change anything. I do what I can and I think more and more people are doing small things. Getting better as we learn. Ultimately, God tells me he will get me through everything.

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM

That too. I heard something's supposed to come close again in 2029 or somewhere around there.

Quoting lucsch:

I'm more worried about that big hunk of rock that narrowly missed the earth that will return in the 20's and may hit us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)