Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How concerned are you about climate change?

Posted by   + Show Post

With the talk going around about how we're heading towards a two degree global average temperature increase that could cause crop failures and food prices to go up, are you worried?

Do you think it's a possible doom for humanity? A problem at all? Made up? Have you ever read any books on the subject, or otherwise learned about it? 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM

guess we will swim around in the ocean eating fish lol

amberstars
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We are either going to piss off the wrong country and start another arms race or another world war.  Or we are going to kill ourselves due to global warming.  I asked my college Geography teacher summer 2011 why there are idiots who don't believe in global warming and she didn't have an answer for me.  I think it is very possible we as a race will fuck ourselves over with global warming.  We need to turn to greener energies and quit relying on damn oil.  We need to quit putting so many fossil fuels in the air and fucking up the ozone layer.  Oil isn't going to last forever.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I have been over the Greenland area looking at the glaciers and the Greenland ice sheet, and it's amazing the change I saw in only 10 years.  It's a serious problem for this island because the outside edge of the island is a much higher elevation than the center.

If the ice sheet melts, there will be nothing but a ring of rocks surrounding a huge lake that makes up the whole island and the world's sea level will rise by 7meters because of the overflow.  Their temperature is rising faster than most places, with an average temperature that rose 11 degrees higher between 1991 and 2004.

Quoting Annettey19:

The earth does go through heating cycles, so he's right, but scientists have discovered that we're heating up at a way faster rate than we have in the past. Also frogs and toads are starting to die off because their habitats are drying up which is a bad sign, and other ecosystems are getting out of whack.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've definitely noticed, Wisconsin winters have never been so mild. My dh swears that the Earth is simply going through a heating cycle (thank you Ancient Aliens lol) but I can't help but think we're just fucking the planet up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM

That is because of the change in the jet stream due to climate changes.

Quoting poshkat:

i have been noticing that its warmer. everyone is complaining this year because "this winter is soooooo cold!!" uhhh DUH. its WINTER. the last two winters have been pretty mild and we didn't really have a deep freeze or a big snow storm. the other thing i noticed is that things seem to be hitting downstate a lot of more the last few years than up where we are. they seem to be getting more snow, wind, and winter type weather in the winter and storms and flooding in the summer that we usually get here upstate,  

Byrd15
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Bring it on! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

oOoLeilanioOo
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM

We're extremely resilient and adapt to almost any condition, I think we'll make it! 

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I'm not worried. I mean... there is nothing I can do about it so why worry?

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I'm not feeling a warm up. We've had feet and feet of snow and its freezing.

cuppycake1919
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Very
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Not very. I think it's part of Earth's natural fluctuations in temp and capitalist are praying on weak minded people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN