Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How concerned are you about climate change?

Posted by   + Show Post

With the talk going around about how we're heading towards a two degree global average temperature increase that could cause crop failures and food prices to go up, are you worried?

Do you think it's a possible doom for humanity? A problem at all? Made up? Have you ever read any books on the subject, or otherwise learned about it? 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Replies (51-58):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Im not worried at all our weather is completely normal. We have had these types of weathe rin the past its a cycle the earth goes through. There is nothing new about our weather.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Yes, But what we do now will have no effect in our life time. I'm with ya, everyone needs to make changed for our planet but there is nothing we can do to make an immediate change.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

we can repair as much as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure there are things we can do moving forward and for the future. but nothing can be done for the damage that has already been done and what we are currently dealing with.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

how is there nothing you can do to save the earth?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm concerned but there isn't shit we can do about now so it is what it is.

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Well... I think we're all moms here. What about our children? Our grandchildren? We aren't the only people that are ever going to live on this planet y'know... Life isn't about immediate change.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, But what we do now will have no effect in our life time. I'm with ya, everyone needs to make changed for our planet but there is nothing we can do to make an immediate change.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure there are things we can do moving forward and for the future. but nothing can be done for the damage that has already been done and what we are currently dealing with.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM
That's why i said that I agree and that there are things we all need to do to better the planet......

Quoting Annettey19:

Well... I think we're all moms here. What about our children? Our grandchildren? We aren't the only people that are ever going to live on this planet y'know... Life isn't about immediate change.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting Anonymous:

BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I see the weather and such as a natural cycle the planet is going through. If we survive it great, if not oh well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting Mom2five87:

I'm not worried. I mean... there is nothing I can do about it so why worry?

Nothing you can do about it? Do you cloth diaper, ebf, drive minimally, try to use minimal electricity and gas, plant trees, plant a garden, eat fresh foods (because the plants you buy those boxed foods from are wretched for the planet), I could go on. Please explain how there is nothing you can do?

I use disposable diapers, I formula feed, I drive a lot, never turn lights off .... I do eat a lot of fresh foods though! lol. No ... really though... I honestly don't believe that even if *I* did all those things it would make any difference at all. All of that environmentally friendly stuff only works if everyone commits to it. If only a small percentage of the population go "green," It's not going to make a difference. Sorry. That is just my opinion.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Mama2ETA
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

if everyone thinks the way you do, there will never be a big difference made. You have to know you are doing your part. Not that you are fixing the entire earth.

Quoting Mom2five87:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting Mom2five87:

I'm not worried. I mean... there is nothing I can do about it so why worry?

Nothing you can do about it? Do you cloth diaper, ebf, drive minimally, try to use minimal electricity and gas, plant trees, plant a garden, eat fresh foods (because the plants you buy those boxed foods from are wretched for the planet), I could go on. Please explain how there is nothing you can do?

I use disposable diapers, I formula feed, I drive a lot, never turn lights off .... I do eat a lot of fresh foods though! lol. No ... really though... I honestly don't believe that even if *I* did all those things it would make any difference at all. All of that environmentally friendly stuff only works if everyone commits to it. If only a small percentage of the population go "green," It's not going to make a difference. Sorry. That is just my opinion.

harehelper
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Are you talking about toads, laying their eggs in damp earth? I admit I am not an expert on amphibians, but the ones local to me lay their eggs in water, puddles etc. Do you know where this is happening?

Quoting Annettey19:

It's because they lay their eggs in moist earth, and the ground drying up is causing their populations to shrink drastically. The living animals are surviving, but if they can't migrate fast enough to find better egg laying ground, they might not.

Quoting harehelper:

In what areas are frogs dying off? Toads live on land, so unless they are dying of thirst I don't know how lower water levels would have that much affect.

Quoting Annettey19:

The earth does go through heating cycles, so he's right, but scientists have discovered that we're heating up at a way faster rate than we have in the past. Also frogs and toads are starting to die off because their habitats are drying up which is a bad sign, and other ecosystems are getting out of whack.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've definitely noticed, Wisconsin winters have never been so mild. My dh swears that the Earth is simply going through a heating cycle (thank you Ancient Aliens lol) but I can't help but think we're just fucking the planet up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN