Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I signing my kids into foster care. ETU

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 182 Replies

Tonight I slapped dd7 across the face.  She was mouthing off and without thinking I slapped her.  Her nose started to bleed and when she put her hands up to her face I held them down and demanded she listen and stop being histerical.

She calmed down. I ranted and she put her hand up to my face to make me stop I slapped her again.

I realized what I did and cried and hugged her. 

This isnt the first time.  I dont know why I do this. It wasnt always this way, I used to be a good mom.  But something changed and I dont know how to go back to the way it used to be.

I'm calling Monday morning and surrendering my children to be put in foster care, they are 7 and 5.

That's my confession.  I wont be back to this site, clearly I am not fit to be called a mother.  

I am ashamed and I hate myself. I wish I were dead.

thank you for all the kind replies, I wont sign them over reading all the terrible things that could happen to them, but I don't know where to turn or what to do to fix this.  I don't have family or anyone I can turn to for help with them, even their dad has been out of the picture since the youngest was still in my belly.  Im so alone and I dont know how to even be a mom.  I know it's not about me, it's about them.  But Im the problem.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you for helping your kids to a better life. Hugs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh please dont do it!
They love you and you clearly know you need help!
audreesmama
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I'm sorry Hun. Do you think respite care is an option? Maybe talking with a social worker will help you.

I'm sorry. That's such a tough place to be in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Why don't you get yourself some help instead of giving up your children?
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Better life? They are going to think hat she doesnt love them
How can that bre a better life?

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Good for you for helping your kids to a better life. Hugs.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Saving a spot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Sadley i no how u feel. :( sorry hope things get better for you.
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
7 moms liked this

I think you may have a treatable problem. I wouldn't go so drastic as to sign my kids off to the foster care system. Your children would feel totally rejected by you! Do you have a mother or another relative that could care for them temporarily until you can see a doctor?

Stress, depression, and other things can be managed! The fact that you obviously care enough for your children to be shocked at your behavior tells me that in your heart you are a good person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM

So instead of getting the help you need you are going to dispose of them like trash where they could get beat worse or sexually abused..that sounds reasonable!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Can they stay with a family member and while you go to counceling? Their dad? I would try to handle it privately if you can and not involve the foster care system.  Please call someone  - a friend, a family member and ask them to help you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)