Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think we are bad parents. *edited

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband and I have made a decision.
We are moving back to Florida from Tennessee. My husband will be starting school in the fall to be a database administrator. He is taking a direct job instead of a contractor job so that he can have benefits and steady guaranteed work.
We will be able to buy a home and get back on our feet with our finances.
I am starting barrel racing (a life long dream), and getting a part time job.. Our daughter will start pre-k next fall. At a school that is amazing and her great grandmother is there everyday as well as her cousins. My daughter will have 20 acres to run and play on and be a kid that isn't trapped in an apartment in the middle of a city. (not bashing any one whose kids are. Its just not how i want her to grow up).

I ask because, my inlaws are pissed. They are saying we are selfish parents and care nothing about our daughter and only care about our own selfish dreams. So.. Because we are better-ing our lives then we are selfish.They say we are only going back because my family spoils me. They are saying Im just a spoiled brat because my grandpa is.giving me his truck when he retires. Because he's buying another one. They say I don't deserve to have better vehicle then them because i don't work. (yes i do) they have a 2003 durango from a buy here pay here and my grandpa is giving me a 2011 Toyota Tundra. Its not my fault their truck got repo-ed.

Long story short. My mother in law thinks my 26 year old husband is still 12 and doesn't know how to detach the apron strings. She thinks he still needs to be living with her. And constantly under her watch.

I knew I could come to CM for an honest opinion.
So do what it is you do ladies! Voice your opnions!

** For those saying there is more to the story. Please read the replies.
Im not some materialistic person.. My husband and I want better for our daughters future. My husband WILL have guaranteed work and until you know the field my husband works in. You wouldnt understand the concept of me saying that.

I will answer on and off today 02/17 as we are packing up to head home tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
1RedHottMama
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell your in-laws to go screw themselves. Sounds like they are selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom's biggest fear is that we'll take our oldest daughter away from her. She's a nut job. And when we can we will move. But that doesn't have anything to do with my mom. Well......maybe a little.
FL2AK
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I think settling down is what is best for your daughter as she gets school age.  You guys have moved so much for his career.  I would think your MIL would understand that.

Venae
1 mom liked this

She doesn't get a vote!  This is not her life or her decision!

LuvmyAiden

Tell her to go fly a kite. It is YOUR life and open spaces are good for kids, so is family on a daily basis(cousins and such). Be warned that horses are a VERY expensive and money losing business right now though. If you want to be on your feet financially beware the horse industry!

snowiscold
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You and your husband definitely are NOT selfish!  Best of luck on your new adventure!

faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Doing what is best for your future is what is best for your daughter. It's a shame your mil can't see that.

camsmami
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I don't want them to visit. My father in law tells my daughter to tell her dad that she wants a new mommy. And they tell her not to listen to us because we are mean.
Im GLAD we are leaving.

Quoting Anonymous:

They're jealous and upset that your daughter won't be closeto them. It's probably just their anger and hurt feelings coming through. You do what you want. If you guys are happy then you're doing one really good thing for your daughter. have a plan for visits. They'll get over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elliotmommytobe
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I think your guyss parents are being selfish for treating you guys this way
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Take me with you! I HATE Tennessee!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN