Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think we are bad parents. *edited

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband and I have made a decision.
We are moving back to Florida from Tennessee. My husband will be starting school in the fall to be a database administrator. He is taking a direct job instead of a contractor job so that he can have benefits and steady guaranteed work.
We will be able to buy a home and get back on our feet with our finances.
I am starting barrel racing (a life long dream), and getting a part time job.. Our daughter will start pre-k next fall. At a school that is amazing and her great grandmother is there everyday as well as her cousins. My daughter will have 20 acres to run and play on and be a kid that isn't trapped in an apartment in the middle of a city. (not bashing any one whose kids are. Its just not how i want her to grow up).

I ask because, my inlaws are pissed. They are saying we are selfish parents and care nothing about our daughter and only care about our own selfish dreams. So.. Because we are better-ing our lives then we are selfish.They say we are only going back because my family spoils me. They are saying Im just a spoiled brat because my grandpa is.giving me his truck when he retires. Because he's buying another one. They say I don't deserve to have better vehicle then them because i don't work. (yes i do) they have a 2003 durango from a buy here pay here and my grandpa is giving me a 2011 Toyota Tundra. Its not my fault their truck got repo-ed.

Long story short. My mother in law thinks my 26 year old husband is still 12 and doesn't know how to detach the apron strings. She thinks he still needs to be living with her. And constantly under her watch.

I knew I could come to CM for an honest opinion.
So do what it is you do ladies! Voice your opnions!

** For those saying there is more to the story. Please read the replies.
Im not some materialistic person.. My husband and I want better for our daughters future. My husband WILL have guaranteed work and until you know the field my husband works in. You wouldnt understand the concept of me saying that.

I will answer on and off today 02/17 as we are packing up to head home tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
.stella.
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Ugh I went through the same thing with my mom when I moved from Oregon to California 2 years ago. Sometimes the apron string just have to be chopped off! LOL GL

katarina666
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Your Inlaws are upset because you are going far far away! Instead of being happy for you for living your dream they are trying to make you feel guilty! Don't buy it ! Do what you want ! It sounds wonderfull! They will get over it eventually,and if they don't it's their problem not yours!

misslady80013
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Do what you feel is best for your family. If they want to come and visit YOUR dd, they need to travel to Florida, period.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:52 AM

move away from her, far away and stay away, she's the kind of mil that ruins a marraige.

momwith2monkeys
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I don't think you are being selfish, i think if you feel that this best for your family then you need to go for it.

But i have to ask, why are you moving back to Florida. I mean, i know your reasoning but i just don't understand it. I hate Florida. I was born and raised in Tennessee, but i moved here to Florida about 13 years ago, i would give anything to move back home. I miss it but i can't make my husband leave Florida. He was born in Tennessee but raised in Florida, he is a Floridian; and he hated Tennessee. Florida is so expensive a lot more expensive than it is to live in Tennessee. If i ever have the chance to move back home i would jump on it in a heartbeat and i wouldn't look back. But i guess if you were raised in Florida than you probably feel the same way about Florida.

Where about in florida are you moving too? if you don't mind me asking.

katarina666
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM

SHE told your daughter to make him find a new mommy? she is Bat shit crazy! Fock her! Don't feel guilty move as soon as you can! This bitch hates you! Don't give an inch!

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I'm down by Chattanooga and I find it to be beyond cheap. We own two places and our yearly taxes on BOTH are less then a months rent in most places.

Quoting camsmami:

Its cheap to live here? Ha!

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I say go for it, but you will miss how cheap it is to live in TN. lol

livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Well we don't believe in sitting still for too long. We have been in this house for 2 years now and we are going crazy. We are so ready to move. So our children will probably always live like military children(always moving). People will say that this is bad parenting, but my belief is that part of life is adjusting and growing stronger from each new experience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
camsmami
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM
I LOVE Florida. Its my home. I have been away with dh for about 3 years. We lived in Iowa for 5 years when I was in school. But i was born there and lived there 90% of my life.
We are from Lake City.
Its not that i dislike Nashville, its just that Florida is home and easier for us to make life happen.. We are literally struggling here in Tennessee.

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

I don't think you are being selfish, i think if you feel that this best for your family then you need to go for it.

But i have to ask, why are you moving back to Florida. I mean, i know your reasoning but i just don't understand it. I hate Florida. I was born and raised in Tennessee, but i moved here to Florida about 13 years ago, i would give anything to move back home. I miss it but i can't make my husband leave Florida. He was born in Tennessee but raised in Florida, he is a Floridian; and he hated Tennessee. Florida is so expensive a lot more expensive than it is to live in Tennessee. If i ever have the chance to move back home i would jump on it in a heartbeat and i wouldn't look back. But i guess if you were raised in Florida than you probably feel the same way about Florida.

Where about in florida are you moving too? if you don't mind me asking.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM
ROFL...da fuq is THAT all about??

Quoting Anonymous:

your big lips will take you where you need to go. DREAM BIG

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)