Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby on Board signs...

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: do you hate them? (and why)

Options:

No

Yes

Dont care either way

*They are pointless*

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 102

View Results

Okay, so today I got yelled at by my MIL... I have a baby on board sign thing and I got a new car so I havent bothered putting it in the car yet cause I JUST bought it. She freaked out saying I needed one in my window and then when I was complaining to my mom about it and she was MAD.

The two arguments as far as they are conserned:

MIL-"People need to be informed there is a baby in the vehicle so they drive safer"

MOM-"The sign only pisses people off, if they are gonna be a fucking ass hole when you dont have the sign having it wont change shit"

I have seen online that its annoying and that it is just for safety reasons. I use it because people where I live drive like dumb fucks, most of them however see the sign and back off. Im honestly just interested in knowing what people think. :)

**So there have been allot of responses, Yay! I agree with most of you, its pointless. My husband just got a cute one that has footprints and it says real small baby on board and we put it on the side not even the back. People fucked with me hard core whenever I had the sign in my window, however now with my new car no one really fucks with me. (not sure if thats cause i dont have the sticker or that now i have a truck :P) i think my truck is a better deterrent than the sign! I think Id use them for cute ones but nothing serious. Im surprised that such a cheap thing can be so crazy. My mil called me just now to tell me I was horrible because I just "left my sign here (her house) like the horrible parent I am"

~I will use your arguments against her BTW~ 

Thanks Ladies!**

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM
13 moms liked this
I don't get them honestly. It's not like people go out saying "I think I want to wreck my car into that one, oh wait never mind it has a baby on board sign!"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Nah, I don't hate them, but I kind of agree with your mom. Bad drivers are bad drivers whether you have the sign or not.
kitchen.ninja
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I don't think a sign makes a difference.
cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I can't vote because I don't really hate them but car accidents happen whether you have that sign on your car or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I think they're lame.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Ha ha ha your so right.

I never had one either I just didn't see why...

My MIL told nee but to put one out a stuck figure family so no one would want to steal my baby. She watched a lifetime movie about a psycho woman that stalked other moms.

Quoting kmorales7690:

I don't get them honestly. It's not like people go out saying "I think I want to wreck my car into that one, oh wait never mind it has a baby on board sign!"

gigis1
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM

dont hate them but see it as pointless

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Most bad drivers don't care or are just reckless, the sign won't do much to prevent the damage they'll probably cause. So I don't hate them but I don't see the point either. I don't really see someone making the choice to drive safely because there's a baby in the car. If they cared about other human beings they would be a better driver all the time kwim

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I didn't vote either
ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I really don't care.
But, signs like that don't stop drivers from being asshole drivers. It usually does instigate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)