Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call cps or am I the only one who thinks this is wrong?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 67 Replies

So I have a relative well call her a, her husband b. b just got a job, he works from 12:30am to 4:45am. His job is about 35 mins away from their house. B can't drive (lost his license to too many DUI). So a drives him to work. He works mon-fri. They leave their 6 year old Ds at home asleep when taking and picking him up. They live in a community of duplexes. And a mother lives across the street and down a duplex. They see nothing wrong with leaving him. Because if anything happened 'mom could get him', says a. 

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I think that's horrible. They are asking for something bad to happen to their son. God forbid. I would talk to them first, then if they didn't listen, call CPS. That's nothing to mess around with. 

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Not really CPS worthy IMO

RMB2011
3 moms liked this
He's 6 and asleep. As long as he's aware that they will both be gone around that time and knows how to use the phone to call for help in an emergency I don't see a problem with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
4 moms liked this
then the mother could come to their house to sit with him until mom getdms bacj. this is highly dangerous for them to do!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
phoebe81
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM
3 moms liked this

It's certainly not something I'd do. I probably wouldn't call if the mom was gone for 10 min I guess, but leaving the child alone for over an hour? That's not even remotely close to being ok. 

Maybe you could offer to watch the child? How close are you with this relative? 

"Sometimes it is better to be kind than right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens."

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awful and irresponsible. Trashy too.
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Its not the smartest idea in the world, but not worth calling cps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM

yeah, why not just ask mom to be in the house?

an electrical short could be devastating

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:31 AM

OOh, yeah, well, I'd not do it myself, I'd be in your boat.  That's dangerous.  How hard would it be to put a sleeping kid in the car, really?

KylesWifey
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Her mom had a whoops child and has a 10 year old at home. As wont leave him to watch the 6 year old and won't wake her 10 year old to go over with her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured