Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you get in...*let me clarify some things edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

food stamp money?

I get $660.

EDIT:

Let me say some things.

First off, let me say I really shouldn't have put the smiley face. The enthusiasm really wasn't necessary but I try to keep myself enthusiastic during this time. I didn't realize how shitty and disrespectful it sounded. So I apologize.

Yes, I am on food stamps. UNTIL I can get on a better financial foot. My family and I were robbed at gun point in the middle of the night. We're trying to replace a lot of the things that were taken. On a paycheck that's only about $1000 a month. I have 2 kids that go to a private school. I'm currently also having to pay for counseling due to the trauma that was caused to my kids.

Yet again, I'll say one last time... I AM GETTING OFF OF FOOD STAMPS AS SOON AS THINGS SETTLE DOWN. And I'm sorry for the smiley face and being interpreted it wrong.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Replies (311-313):
nicki1018
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Nothing, we pay for our own food.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coug7099
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I haven't read replies since I replied back in the beginning but now that I have seen this edit

Let me first say that I am sorry for the robbery. That has to have been horrible.

BUT  that still doesn't make a valid reason for you to automatically qualify for PA.

And are you honestly saying that you pay for PRIVATE SCHOOL while my tax dollars pay your grocery bill????

Why would you be paying for counseling for your kids? The guidelines for medical benefits for children are lower than the guidelines for food stamps. If you qualify for one you qualify for the other.

Quoting Anonymous:

food stamp money?

I get $660.

EDIT:

Let me say some things.

First off, let me say I really shouldn't have put the smiley face. The enthusiasm really wasn't necessary but I try to keep myself enthusiastic during this time. I didn't realize how shitty and disrespectful it sounded. So I apologize.

Yes, I am on food stamps. UNTIL I can get on a better financial foot. My family and I were robbed at gun point in the middle of the night. We're trying to replace a lot of the things that were taken. On a paycheck that's only about $1000 a month. I have 2 kids that go to a private school. I'm currently also having to pay for counseling due to the trauma that was caused to my kids.

Yet again, I'll say one last time... I AM GETTING OFF OF FOOD STAMPS AS SOON AS THINGS SETTLE DOWN. And I'm sorry for the smiley face and being interpreted it wrong.

HuggaBug1991
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to inform these interviewers that your personal life is irrelevant to the job.  I believe it is illegal for them to ask you that, and you certainly don't have to answer.

Quoting HuggaBug1991:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting HuggaBug1991:

We don't get any. We have applied 5 different times, and each time they deny us! The reason..... we have to much in our savings (we have less then $20)!!! It is so stupid, because we quailify for WIC but not food stamps??? We could really use the help. Even though my husband works full time we still barely make enough for groceries (if it wasn't for us raising a garden every year and me canning the fruit/veggies; we would go hungry ALOT!!!)

Shouldn't you be working, then?

I have applied for every job that I could/can, but every interview I go too that seems to being going good.....when they ask if I have kids, it goes down hill from there. They always say well thank you for stopping in but we have already found our applicant.....So yes I HAVE tried.

Around here if they ask, they usually aready know. (I live in a VERY small town/ everybody knows everybody kind of town) and I don't want another, if I have to schedule off to take my kids to the doctor, get "replaced".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)