Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When Does a Sippy Cup Go?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:28 AM
  • 16 Replies
I have no idea...my dd goes to an in home daycare. She is sippy cup free at home, but spills a lot. When should kids NOT use sippy cups anymore at all? We really only do it now for convenience of our daycare provider.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I think it depends on the child, and when they are ready. I know that my 2 and a half year old is nowhere near ready to get rid of his sippy.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Depends on the child. My oldest started at 1 he's 2 1/2 and only uses sippy cups in the car or at the church day care. And my 11 month old always tries to drink from his brothers cups, so we help him drink from the reg plastic ones. chances are as soon as he starts walking he will switch over as well.
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:34 AM

My twins are 2.5 and we will soon be dumping the sippys(pretty much alredy have). I've always aimed to dump the sippys by 3. 

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:35 AM

it depends on the child......my oldest wasn't sippy cup free until she was about 4yo, my second dd was probably around the same age. My son will be 3 in April and no longer uses a sippy cup, he either drinks from a water bottle or a cup.

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this

When they aren't spilling everywhere

crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Mine used one forever, she's fucking clumsy
jle127431
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:57 AM
I have a four yr old and. She will not give it up
Leobaby2007
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:04 AM

I would say...around age 3.

bellasmommy1988
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:17 AM

my daughter uses one and she is 5 the only reason she has it though is because she is ADHD really bad and has bad outburts so it's more of a protecter from everything getting milk or juice on it if she is in a bad mood.

mrsjonzy
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:21 AM

It depends on the situation. My 4 year old still drinks out of a zippy cup but my 18 mo th old uses a cup without spilling. It just depends. If we are out and on the go they both get suply cups so they don't spill. If we are at home they both get cups. Even school aged kids have little cups with straws that could be considered sippy cups in their lunch boxes. I wouldn't worry too much about this as long as your child can drink out of a regular cup at a reasonable age. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN