Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When Does a Sippy Cup Go?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have no idea...my dd goes to an in home daycare. She is sippy cup free at home, but spills a lot. When should kids NOT use sippy cups anymore at all? We really only do it now for convenience of our daycare provider.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Replies (11-16):
Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:23 AM

i'd say 2 and a half to three years old should be ok

Allie428
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:27 AM
I think the sippy becomes more for mom at some point. My dd grew out of it, in that she could use a regular cup, but to eliminate spills, I kept her in them for a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:27 AM
When they are passed the age of spilling it everywhere. That age is different for everybody. There is no magical age that they should be gone by.
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:30 AM

I don't rememeber when my son stoped, but my daughter 2 days before she turned 3 she said she was a big girl and didn't want the sippy cup, she wanted a big girl cup. That was a sad few days for me, potty trained and sippy cup all gone in a matter of 4 days.

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:33 AM

My oldest didn't ever use a sippy cup. She went to a regular cup nd cups with straws. My youngest used a sippy until she was 3. 

lil_momma_vdv
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:01 AM
As soon as you teach them to drink fom one and take the time to teach them to keep their drinks at the table. My dd started using a cup at 13 months :) she spilled a few time, cleaned up her mess a few times and bam good to go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured