Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is anybody good with cars, or their SOs, I need advice ASAP! --Pic included

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies

How much would this cost to fix?  It's a 2002 Toyota Celica GT 1.8 4 cylinder if that matters.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
areles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
at least four grand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM

:( how come?

Quoting areles:

at least four grand.

areles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
rear quarter panel, bumper, trunk all have to be entirely replaced. that's just the obvious damage. might be damage to the wheel well, almost certainly damage to the axle and boot, and if you bent the frame (very possible), then you're in real trouble.

if you go with aftermarket parts, it will be cheaper, but the panels won't fit properly. though with a car that old, it doesn't matter too much.

you could be looking at a total, honestly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting areles:

at least four grand.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:35 AM
also, looks like your rear window will need replacing too. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:36 AM

rear bumper

fender

rocker panel

yeah- youre fucked.

hopefully someone else is responsible for the bill

areles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:37 AM
do you have a direct view pic? would help to see the impact from dead on or below. from this angle it looks superficial, and might be, but if it's not, that's where your axle comes in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM
My husband said the same exact thing.

Quoting areles:

rear quarter panel, bumper, trunk all have to be entirely replaced. that's just the obvious damage. might be damage to the wheel well, almost certainly damage to the axle and boot, and if you bent the frame (very possible), then you're in real trouble.

if you go with aftermarket parts, it will be cheaper, but the panels won't fit properly. though with a car that old, it doesn't matter too much.

you could be looking at a total, honestly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting areles:

at least four grand.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Unless you can get the parts from a junk yard, and have someone that can paint and do the body work for cheap, it will likely be totaled out. If you take it to a regular body shop, your looking at a minimum of 4k, and that's if there is no damage that isn't visible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, these are the only pics posted. It isn't my car lol, it's a car I was planning on buying for $2,900. I don't think I should. Thank Goodness somebody on here is good with cars cause I was just thinking "oh, just replace the tail light and that lil area of metal messed up"

Quoting areles:

do you have a direct view pic? would help to see the impact from dead on or below. from this angle it looks superficial, and might be, but if it's not, that's where your axle comes in.

areles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:44 AM
oh my god, no!! definitely don't buy this, unless you're in the business of parting out salvages. and even then, you shouldn't pay more than a grand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry, these are the only pics posted. It isn't my car lol, it's a car I was planning on buying for $2,900. I don't think I should. Thank Goodness somebody on here is good with cars cause I was just thinking "oh, just replace the tail light and that lil area of metal messed up"

Quoting areles:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)