Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mirena question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Another post got me thinking. i got yhe mirena 6-8wks after i had ds. That was over a yr ago.

now i check it every time i shower. i maje sure it is still there. make sure i feel the wires. I thunk id feel it if it even moved.

those that have the mirena or iud, do yiu check it on your own?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:02 AM
No my husband checked them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ochoa.mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:17 AM
I've had mine in for 3-4 yrs. The string is to short to always feel it, I never check to see if it'd still there. Been trying to get the damn thing out myself for last week....causes pain, and keep seeing this commercial about the dangers it causes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:18 AM
No. I hated that thing. DH took it out after I'd had it for a year. That was 6 months ago. I'm free!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I don't check mine. Dh can feel it during sex though, so we're pretty sure it's in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Not even the doctor can find mine. I had it checked 2 years ago via ultrasound. It was still in place, but I was warned it will be painful to remove it.
tifbrown
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Generally, no. I did in the past, but I haven't worried about it. I just had my yearly pap, and my doc was explaining that I don't need to come every year. I said I thought the IUD needed to be checked. He assured me that if it came out, my period would let me know. Typically they last 2 days and it is very minor spotting. If it came out I would have a heavy period. Also, when I got it put in the doc told me not to bother checking it. I have had mine in over 2 years and never had an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I thought anual paps were like a big thing. i remember my dr telling me to be sure i come yearly. i have been with dh for 10yrs but cervical cancer and breast cancer run in mu family.

Quoting tifbrown:

Generally, no. I did in the past, but I haven't worried about it. I just had my yearly pap, and my doc was explaining that I don't need to come every year. I said I thought the IUD needed to be checked. He assured me that if it came out, my period would let me know. Typically they last 2 days and it is very minor spotting. If it came out I would have a heavy period. Also, when I got it put in the doc told me not to bother checking it. I have had mine in over 2 years and never had an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Not relevant question: can you use tampone while on Mirena? Is it uncomfortable???
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM
I wouldnt know. im not a tampon gal. i only like always infinty pads. but with this mirena i have never had to use more than a liner because i only ever spot a little

Quoting Anonymous:

Not relevant question: can you use tampone while on Mirena? Is it uncomfortable???

tifbrown
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM

That's probably why he wants to see you yearly. The new standard is 3 years. I am low risk of cervical cancer, and he explained that cervical cancer progresses so slowly that 3 years is adequate. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought anual paps were like a big thing. i remember my dr telling me to be sure i come yearly. i have been with dh for 10yrs but cervical cancer and breast cancer run in mu family.

Quoting tifbrown:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)