Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It happened 2 days ago and I'm still in shock

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Thursday afternoon I went to my apartment to grab something then I had to pick up my daughter from daycare. I went out to the parking lot, got in my car and was backing out. This guy came running out of nowhere. The look on his face I'll never forget. He held his hand up to signal to stop. He hit his hand on the trunk of my car and I stopped my car instantly... he bent down and picked up a baby! The baby boy couldn't be any more than 18 months. He walked away holding this baby tight and I just sat there for like 10 minutes trying to tell myself "that really just happened". I wasn't driving fast, I was paying attention, there wasn't anybody around when I got in my car. It doesn't matter how fast or slow I was going, there's no way I would've seen that baby. I almost killed a baby. A baby. I feel like I dont deserve to live
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcclainprincess
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Soo dude just left a baby in the parking lot behind a random car???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Wow that sounds like the parents fault not yours!!!! Thank God hes ok but really its not at all your fault!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:19 AM
If it HAD happened, it would have been an accident. Don't beat yourself up over it. Maybe from now on make a point of checking behind your car before you get in? Everyone is okay, no one was hurt. You're okay, mama.
MissMoonlight
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:19 AM
..... But someone else put a baby under your car tire? I think that's the person who doesn't deserve to live....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM
But you didn't. You stopped when the guy hit your vehicle. It's not your fault. It's his for letting an 18mo baby crawl around unattended outside.
MochaBerry24
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM

it's not your fault. 

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:21 AM
All i can think is where the hell was the parents?
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:21 AM

omg

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:22 AM
That would scare the shit out of me. *hugs*
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:23 AM

The baby is fine. He probably didn't realize it happened and is home sleeping safe right now. It is not your fault that a baby was wandering around in parking lot. His dad probably feels shittier than you do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)