Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Me and my fiancé are getting married April 12th nothing big just a court house wedding, and will be having a reception back home In June,

My question is what am I suppose to do?
Do I wear a short white dress?
Do I make a wedding registry?
Is there anything I'm suppose to do for a court house wedding I'm just not sure, so any advice would be great,
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorphineDoll3
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Wedding registry? Really? For a court "wedding"? You invite witnesses I'm guessing that's about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:38 AM

good question I dunno.

I personally never sent a gift to people that do court marriages. I usually only send a gift if they have wedding ceremonies.... Then again Im not sure if anyone I know got married only through the court....

Hm I dunno.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:39 AM
I don't mind not doing a registry just didn't know if I was suppose to lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

good question I dunno.

I personally never sent a gift to people that do court marriages. I usually only send a gift if they have wedding ceremonies.... Then again Im not sure if anyone I know got married only through the court....

Hm I dunno.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Noone asked for your rudeness

Quoting MorphineDoll3:

Wedding registry? Really? For a court "wedding"? You invite witnesses I'm guessing that's about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Noone asked for your rudeness

Quoting MorphineDoll3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:40 AM
I just dresse nice and we had 2 witnesses. Not even my family. Wear whatever you want. No registry unless you just wan to because you're getting married. But I didn't have one. I actually didn't have a reception either. We ate at Applebee's. No big deal.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I dont think most people do. I think the idea of people getting married "privately" is that they want to be married privately.

But if you had a reception and invited me Id bring a gift....

But to send out requests for gifts, that sounds kina tacky especially to people not invited ya know.... I dunno meow..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

good question I dunno.

Hm I dunno.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:42 AM
We weren't planing on a reception our parents decided on there own to throw us one it was a surprise to us lol our families are big in celebrating everything I mean everything

Quoting Anonymous:

I just dresse nice and we had 2 witnesses. Not even my family. Wear whatever you want. No registry unless you just wan to because you're getting married. But I didn't have one. I actually didn't have a reception either. We ate at Applebee's. No big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:43 AM
That's true I thought it seemed tacky as well but I was not sure if people actually did the registry, so I thought I'd throw that in as one of my questions

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont think most people do. I think the idea of people getting married "privately" is that they want to be married privately.

But if you had a reception and invited me Id bring a gift....

But to send out requests for gifts, that sounds kina tacky especially to people not invited ya know.... I dunno meow..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

good question I dunno.

Hm I dunno.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:43 AM

For the court house, just wear regular clothing and bring your two witnesses. For the reception, then you should wear a white dress. I wouldn't wear anything too fancy or full on wedding dress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)