Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 14 year old smokes marijuana.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She has a sleeping issue, due to her anxiety, that also causes her to loose her appetite and lose weight.

She is a wonderful and polite young lady. She is an honor student, part of the flag team and in choir. Today she was just offered a spot on the young achievers team next year!!!

, I just needed to tell someone how proud I am of her, despite her being a smoker.She doesn't want anyone to know because she is worried her friends wouldn't be allowed to hang out with her. Or think poorly of her...

Would you allow your child to be her friend knowing this?
Do you think she is a bad influence?
if you knew her for years thought she was a great kid, would knowing she smokes change your view?

I let my haters be my motivators, so bash if you must but atleast answer my questions please.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
Bitchess
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Your kid, your business. but be prepared for possible ramifications from her doing this. everything from friends, to friends parents to the law and everything else in between. Also realize other people will find out

boo   Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:47 AM

knowing the story behind it, I would be ok with it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:48 AM
So you buy weed for her???
LisaSmock
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this
If it was my child I would worry about her getting in legal trouble. If it helps her and it was Legal I would be ok with it . Why not get her the pills?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:49 AM
She will either have to quite smoking, find someplace that doesn't test, or get a card when she is legal age. She doesn't need to get a job until she graduates high school/or starts to slack off at school.

Quoting NBean311:

Then no. My kids will not associate with those involved in illegal activity. 

There are so many options out there, this shouldn't be a first choice. 

How will she get a job? She is about that age. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope her doc wouldn't because she is not legal smoking age, however he wanted to put her on chemically formulated pills.

Quoting NBean311:

Is it medical? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:51 AM
HOW DARE YOU GIVE LET YOUR DAUGHTER USE A NATURAL GROWN HERB INSTEAD OF MAN-MADE DRUGS!
I think if she's doing well in school, able to keep her weight at a good stable place. If it hasn't adversely affected her and is doing nothing but help her to function then I see no problem other than legality and perhaps drug testing at school.
Marijuana has been given a bad reputation that all began because of racists and alcohol prohibition didn't work so they went after marijuana smokers.This comes from researching.
I can honestly say that if I hadn't had a few hits when I was prego that my children would have been born significantly under-weight and probably wouldn't have been as healthy as they were. I had morning sickness 24/7 with both my kids but stopped a couple months before. Bash me all you want you all who don't understand the benefits of a God-Given herb that could put pharmaceutical companies out of business. I have researched the pros and cons. And honestly I'd be glad if my child chose a natural alternative then pills that man made.
Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this

If your daughter doesn't want anyone to know she smokes pot, why are you here telling the world she does?

Looking for some personal attention are you? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM
One of her friends Mom approached me with her concerns about her daughter being influenced to start smoking. Out of respect for.her and other parents She is not allowed to smoke in front of them.

If she was a horrible kid, did bad in school, disrespectful, in trouble with the cops i could understand. But she is the exact opposite

Quoting Anonymous:

knowing the story behind it, I would be ok with it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Always, I'm a women. Because there is an anon button on her, and I'm confessing something.

Quoting Bonita131:

If your daughter doesn't want anyone to know she smokes pot, why are you here telling the world she does?

Looking for some personal attention are you? 

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:04 AM
5 moms liked this
Chamomile tea, valarian root,melatonin, sleepy time tea... ever hear of those? There are so many other natural relaxants and sleep aids yet you furnish illegal drugs for your veeeerrrrry underage CHILD. Yes I would find her and you bad influences, I would NOT let my children around either of you. And id probably let the school, police and cps know the situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)