Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 14 year old smokes marijuana.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She has a sleeping issue, due to her anxiety, that also causes her to loose her appetite and lose weight.

She is a wonderful and polite young lady. She is an honor student, part of the flag team and in choir. Today she was just offered a spot on the young achievers team next year!!!

, I just needed to tell someone how proud I am of her, despite her being a smoker.She doesn't want anyone to know because she is worried her friends wouldn't be allowed to hang out with her. Or think poorly of her...

Would you allow your child to be her friend knowing this?
Do you think she is a bad influence?
if you knew her for years thought she was a great kid, would knowing she smokes change your view?

I let my haters be my motivators, so bash if you must but atleast answer my questions please.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, considering some of my daughter's friends did smoke weed when they were that young and I didn't ban said friend, you child wouldn't be treated any different. And this coming from someone who doesn't support weed legalization.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
For appetite- peppermint, holy thistle, Barberry, Black Currant Chicory, Dandelion, French Sorrel, Garlic, Ginseng, Goldenseal, Ground Ivy, Hops, Horseradish, Mugwort, Oatstraw, Parsley, Safflower, Tarragon, Thyme, Wood Sorrel, Watercress, Yarrow.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this
There is that risk and I do worry. However she doesn't carry anything on her, outside of our home. She is a happy healthy goal achieving young lady because of it.

I believe that marijuana is safer for her. Nobody ever died from smoking, and has been around for ages. These pills can have worse side affects than the issue it's helping. I dont want to call my attorney and sue a company because a new study proved that it can cause internal bleeding and now she is fighting for her life.

Quoting LisaSmock:

If it was my child I would worry about her getting in legal trouble. If it helps her and it was Legal I would be ok with it . Why not get her the pills?

BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:15 AM
They didn't when my daughter was in sports and such. I think the worse punishment anybody got for getting caught with something was a two game suspension.

Quoting AshleySail:

Ummm don't schools extracurricular Activities drug test? I know all mine did.. From middle school on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Anxiety- meditation, talk therapy, yoga (exercise stimulates the appetite too) chamomile, aroma therapy
KeriAZ
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:15 AM
I have no probs with it. My kid qualifies for it. Has migraines and arthritis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:15 AM
No

Quoting Anonymous:

So you buy weed for her???

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:17 AM
And you have to take a drugs are bad class

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

They didn't when my daughter was in sports and such. I think the worse punishment anybody got for getting caught with something was a two game suspension.

Quoting AshleySail:

Ummm don't schools extracurricular Activities drug test? I know all mine did.. From middle school on

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:17 AM
We both do yoga its amazing!!

Quoting anyotherday:

Anxiety- meditation, talk therapy, yoga (exercise stimulates the appetite too) chamomile, aroma therapy

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:18 AM
ouch both very painful :(

Quoting KeriAZ:

I have no probs with it. My kid qualifies for it. Has migraines and arthritis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)