Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 14 year old smokes marijuana.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She has a sleeping issue, due to her anxiety, that also causes her to loose her appetite and lose weight.

She is a wonderful and polite young lady. She is an honor student, part of the flag team and in choir. Today she was just offered a spot on the young achievers team next year!!!

, I just needed to tell someone how proud I am of her, despite her being a smoker.She doesn't want anyone to know because she is worried her friends wouldn't be allowed to hang out with her. Or think poorly of her...

Would you allow your child to be her friend knowing this?
Do you think she is a bad influence?
if you knew her for years thought she was a great kid, would knowing she smokes change your view?

I let my haters be my motivators, so bash if you must but atleast answer my questions please.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:18 AM
I really hope you're a troll.
LisaSmock
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I can see that I know a few people who have Rx for it. And I'm ok with that. It's not something I want in my house but what other people do is there biz not mine and if ours kids where hanging out I would not care as long as it was not around my kid

Quoting Anonymous:

There is that risk and I do worry. However she doesn't carry anything on her, outside of our home. She is a happy healthy goal achieving young lady because of it.

I believe that marijuana is safer for her. Nobody ever died from smoking, and has been around for ages. These pills can have worse side affects than the issue it's helping. I dont want to call my attorney and sue a company because a new study proved that it can cause internal bleeding and now she is fighting for her life.

Quoting LisaSmock:

If it was my child I would worry about her getting in legal trouble. If it helps her and it was Legal I would be ok with it . Why not get her the pills?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:19 AM
It's not right. It's addictive. Kills brain cells. Causes long term health and mental issues when taken consistently. Very dangerous and inappropriate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I would let her. I was in advance placement and college prep courses A in everything but math, donated my time to causes like habitat for humanity, received money for college, was in school activities, helped out in my immediate community, didn't drink, have any children, get in trouble with police even for curfew, and was a pretty good kid. I smoked the shit outta weed in high school. I mean I smoked the shhhhiiitttt outta weed. When I quit after moving away for college I realized I was not as kind a person as I thought I was. Lmfao.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:24 AM
As long as she isn't becoming a "stoner" and abusing it I dont care. I think she is using it the way God intended it to be used for. Any medication can be abused even prescribed ones. She is a wonderful example that not all pot smokers are lazy, stupid, fatties.

Quoting Anonymous:

HOW DARE YOU GIVE LET YOUR DAUGHTER USE A NATURAL GROWN HERB INSTEAD OF MAN-MADE DRUGS!

I think if she's doing well in school, able to keep her weight at a good stable place. If it hasn't adversely affected her and is doing nothing but help her to function then I see no problem other than legality and perhaps drug testing at school.

Marijuana has been given a bad reputation that all began because of racists and alcohol prohibition didn't work so they went after marijuana smokers.This comes from researching.

I can honestly say that if I hadn't had a few hits when I was prego that my children would have been born significantly under-weight and probably wouldn't have been as healthy as they were. I had morning sickness 24/7 with both my kids but stopped a couple months before. Bash me all you want you all who don't understand the benefits of a God-Given herb that could put pharmaceutical companies out of business. I have researched the pros and cons. And honestly I'd be glad if my child chose a natural alternative then pills that man made.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Awesome another great example that not everyone who smokes is worthlesss. People who have choosen to be worthless and smoke weed have given it a bad wrap. Just like guns, and pitbulls

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I would let her. I was in advance placement and college prep courses A in everything but math, donated my time to causes like habitat for humanity, received money for college, was in school activities, helped out in my immediate community, didn't drink, have any children, get in trouble with police even for curfew, and was a pretty good kid. I smoked the shit outta weed in high school. I mean I smoked the shhhhiiitttt outta weed. When I quit after moving away for college I realized I was not as kind a person as I thought I was. Lmfao.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:33 AM
I appreciate people like you who can look at the bigger picture and not focus on one aspect that you dont agree with.

Quoting LisaSmock:

I can see that I know a few people who have Rx for it. And I'm ok with that. It's not something I want in my house but what other people do is there biz not mine and if ours kids where hanging out I would not care as long as it was not around my kid

Quoting Anonymous:

There is that risk and I do worry. However she doesn't carry anything on her, outside of our home. She is a happy healthy goal achieving young lady because of it.

I believe that marijuana is safer for her. Nobody ever died from smoking, and has been around for ages. These pills can have worse side affects than the issue it's helping. I dont want to call my attorney and sue a company because a new study proved that it can cause internal bleeding and now she is fighting for her life.

Quoting LisaSmock:

If it was my child I would worry about her getting in legal trouble. If it helps her and it was Legal I would be ok with it . Why not get her the pills?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM

it is ok to be a concerned parent but as long as that doesn't ruin a frienship, I would still be ok with it, I would probably be the parent to approach you to know more.

Quoting Anonymous:

One of her friends Mom approached me with her concerns about her daughter being influenced to start smoking. Out of respect for.her and other parents She is not allowed to smoke in front of them.

If she was a horrible kid, did bad in school, disrespectful, in trouble with the cops i could understand. But she is the exact opposite

Quoting Anonymous:

knowing the story behind it, I would be ok with it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM
She would not be allowed near my kids what's next crack and then she will be gone
BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:40 AM
My daughter did that in middle school, but her high school didn't have any of that.

Quoting Anonymous:

And you have to take a drugs are bad class

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

They didn't when my daughter was in sports and such. I think the worse punishment anybody got for getting caught with something was a two game suspension.

Quoting AshleySail:

Ummm don't schools extracurricular Activities drug test? I know all mine did.. From middle school on

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)