Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help! I think I'm turning into a frenemy :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I have a best friend who has started to drive me crazy. We've been friends for years and she was maid of honor at my wedding.
I work 2 jobs outside the home and also work from home and do some party plan stuff.
Last year I won a scolarship to complete a diploma and only need a few more units to complete but its been hectic trying to fit it all in along with my online gaming commitments. I have had to give up host of my group I just don't have the time to coordinate things.
My friend and I would have a catch up session on the weekend that was originaly for a couple of hours then somehow it extended for dinner and now until the early hours of the mornng.
My friend has never married and has lived at home with her parents all her life and been babied. She cannot cook or do much around the house as she's never had to.
2 years ago her mum died and dad passed only a few months ago. The house needs to be cleaned and ready for sale but she refuses to do anything - she has 30days from the date of sale to vacate so until its sold she doesn't have to do anything right?
She won't look for a new place as she doesn't have to do that either untill the house is sold.
Last year she was told by her boss that she needs to do a course in horticulture to keep her job. They paid for her to do the course. I thought it could be fun to turn our Saturday catchups into study days just like we used to do in HS.
That lasted a week. She couldn't do the work which is at cert 2 level - just basic naming of plants.
She completed HS ... I didn't. I left at 16.
Her boss now wants her to attempt the course again but she must pay the assessment fees, she needs to complete the activities in the book and mail them through. Well now she's upset at this and thinks her work should pay again if they want her to do it.
For the last three weeks she has been coming over every day. She turned up this morning at 9 and didn't leave until 6pm... After I had given her lunch and dinner. She has done this the last 4 days straight. She follows me around the house like a lost puppy. I can't get any work done, I've got reports due, I'm getting behind in my study.
When she's not here she contantly messages me, usually about her chronic constipation, what she's eatenor drinken or what she's bought down the street.
Help I'm getting sick of the sight of her,the noise of her car and starting to leave my phone turned off or directed to voice mail just to avoid her messages.
Am I becoming a frenemy?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

no. shes a lazy leech and its annoying you. it would annoy anyone. tell her you have shit to do. if she gets mad, she gets mad. youre taking care of her, shes not looking for a friend, she wants a mommy/daddy substitute. sorry her parents are dead, but its time for her to take care of herself. if she wont fly on her own, shove her out the nest anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:35 AM

In the last 30 minutes she has sent me the following messages. She's been diagnosed with Chrons disease and is lactose intolerant. Which means she cant have anything with milk, cheese or gluten, or anything highly processed or has small seeds.

Her: What do you normally put in a salad, dean's on the same diet as me isnt he? I'm not sure what's safe for me to eat. (Dean is my husband and yes he is on the same diet)

Me: Lettuce, cucumber, celery, carrot straws. Remember no cheese, tomatoes or beetroot.

Her: I don't like celery and I like cherry tomatoes, they're only small and shouldn't hurt me

Me: Celery is full of fibre which you need to eat plenty of for your diet and tomatoes are banned because of the seeds and the acid.

Her: what type of container should I buy to put it in? Do I need one with dividers? Is this one OK? (Attached is a pic of a lunch box type container divided into sections and includes a fork.)

Me: You don't need any special type of container. Just throw it all together, it will be like a mixed salad.

Her: I'll need to wash the container won't I before I use it?

Me: Yes.

Her: Shall I get a chicken? or some sliced meat.

Me: No sliced meat and definately no sliced chicken meat. It has milk in it.

Her: I bought a chicken and had some of it for dinner. They could have told me not to eat the spicy stuff inside it.

Me: The stuffing? What did you eat that for, it's just breadcrumbs, onion & spices. Breadcrumbs have wheat and onion plays up with your ulcers.

Her: But it tastes nice so I ate it and now I'm constipated again. I've got pains.

... We're talking about a grown almost 45 year woman here. I've now turned my phone off again. This is typical of our conversations EVERY day.

xtina8817
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:47 AM
This isn't funny but the texts made it hysterical. I'd move out of state lol
katieross
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Wow she sounds like a 12 year old kid. Maybe tell her your busy and need some time to yourself and you will message her when your done or you can meet up when your done? 

SadeAyosmom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:49 AM

she sounds fucking annoying

NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Wtf....wtf...wtf...I don't know what else to think. This sounds crazy. She's looking for a new mommy and its you.

Quoting Anonymous:

In the last 30 minutes she has sent me the following messages. She's been diagnosed with Chrons disease and is lactose intolerant. Which means she cant have anything with milk, cheese or gluten, or anything highly processed or has small seeds.

Her: What do you normally put in a salad, dean's on the same diet as me isnt he? I'm not sure what's safe for me to eat. (Dean is my husband and yes he is on the same diet)

Me: Lettuce, cucumber, celery, carrot straws. Remember no cheese, tomatoes or beetroot.

Her: I don't like celery and I like cherry tomatoes, they're only small and shouldn't hurt me

Me: Celery is full of fibre which you need to eat plenty of for your diet and tomatoes are banned because of the seeds and the acid.

Her: what type of container should I buy to put it in? Do I need one with dividers? Is this one OK? (Attached is a pic of a lunch box type container divided into sections and includes a fork.)

Me: You don't need any special type of container. Just throw it all together, it will be like a mixed salad.

Her: I'll need to wash the container won't I before I use it?

Me: Yes.

Her: Shall I get a chicken? or some sliced meat.

Me: No sliced meat and definately no sliced chicken meat. It has milk in it.

Her: I bought a chicken and had some of it for dinner. They could have told me not to eat the spicy stuff inside it.

Me: The stuffing? What did you eat that for, it's just breadcrumbs, onion & spices. Breadcrumbs have wheat and onion plays up with your ulcers.

Her: But it tastes nice so I ate it and now I'm constipated again. I've got pains.

... We're talking about a grown almost 45 year woman here. I've now turned my phone off again. This is typical of our conversations EVERY day.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:03 AM

no, but she is definately trying to use you as a substitute for her parents or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Thx guys, maybe I just needed to vent. Things may have settled down the last day or two as she hasn't texted me near as much, nor been over. Her sister is coming over to help her sort out the house and pack their parents belongings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)