Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she needs to stop b****ing and just get a job.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

i know this mom that just had her daughter in october she is 28 and not doing anything with her life she lives off her parents and complains about how hard it is to get a job ect. I have sat down and talked to her a few times telling her she is lucky she is in her late 20's and not 18 like i was but she says that it's the same thing. That her life is ruined and she will never be able to go to college and get a degree. I want to punch her she partied non-stop she had plenty of time to go to college and make a life for herself and now she is saying it's because she had her daughter she cant persue her goals. Like WTH seriously

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Choose your friends more wisely. She will forever be using that baby as the excuse for all of the things she missed out on.

Neuro
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Sounds like a cop-out to me. She has the kid and is now being hit with the reality that booze and partying won't pay the bills. She's using the kid as an excuse and probably will for the future as well. She probably wasn't interested in going to college in the first place and she's got a whole lot of growing up to do.

But since this is CafeMom and you're an asshole for having an opinion that isn't totally PC, I must give you the general go around of quit being so judgemental, it's not your life and uhh.. hold on, I have to make a character statement about you based off this one post gimme a sec uhh... oh, ok, you're a bitch. Yeah.

opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Lazy loser.  I got my LPN after my oldest was born and I am in college right now.  My kids are 19 (today), 9, and 5. 

lovebeingamu178
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:37 AM

She sounds like she needs to wake up to herself no one made her lay on her back and get herself up the duff ! And a hell of a lot of growing up to do ! She could help her self put the kid in daycare and do a course ! I am 34 but I done my schooling now i am a full time mum of 4 . 3 of them are under 3 and I am doing a course!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM

im disabled and still do odd jobs to make extra money i struggled but never once have i ever blamed my daughter for it. I do live with my mom but it's because she also is disabled and needs my help with bills and ect but atleast i help out. She dosnt even help her family out she treats them like crap.

Quoting opal10161973:

Lazy loser.  I got my LPN after my oldest was born and I am in college right now.  My kids are 19 (today), 9, and 5. 

BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Sounds like a real winner of a friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Sheesh! I'm 26 and plan on going back to find a two year degree! The degree I want is out, lol. i'm not sticking around this hell hole for another 6-8 years to become a Veterinarian!

ETA: My point is, she can go back... she just doesn't want to.

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Wow... her parents did a great job enabling her all these years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

face it, there's a LOT more going on with her than just denial over college.....the woman obviously has a LOT of problems, and bitching at her isn't helping.  SHe sounds like she suffers from some deep seated depression.  Maybe your focus should be more on helping her find out what's holding her back, rather than criticizing her. 

Jcothrine
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM

i went to school after having kids...it isn't the end of the world... i was 18 when i got pregnant..and 19 when i had my first... it isn't the same bing 28..hopefully she at least got to sow her wild oats and get them out of her system.. as i still had some sowing to do.. (which yes i know...i should have forfieted that right when i got pregnant)

my kids actually saved my life and helped me want to be a better person..and thus go to school...

i went to trade school WHILE pregnant with my first one.. it wasn't easy..but i did it and made very good grades... i was training to be a medical assistant.. tell her to get into a program like that.. it only took me 7 months and then a month of internship... now working without getting paid for a month sucked..and hopefully she will qualify for some monetary help with daycare and maybe a pell grant for college... but using her daughter as an excuse is no good....

right now getting a job without an education is probably not going to happen.. the economy sucks so bad.. my middle son has been job searching for a year without success..but the way he treated his last job like a joke it doesn't surprise me much that he hasnt' found something....

JC

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured