Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I find it Disturbing When...EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
4 moms liked this

New parents rush home with their baby after giving birth, esp a preemie, and rush to put the child alone in the crib...it just puzzles me to no end...my friend just had her grandchild born 6weeks early, and as soon as they got her home finally, they put her alone in the crib..  i just can't fathom putting a newborn alone in a crib as soon as i got home from the hospital- i wanted them on me or near me at all times.  

Edit: It's NOT about co-sleeping..it's about bringing your preemie home from the hospital after a life threatening birth, and rushing to park the child alone in a crib two doors down the hall  from yours....i don't  understand that mentality. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM

My parents did that to me AND shut the door. No baby monitor. They told me this.

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest child was a 28 week premie. She slept hooked up to a moniter in her carseat or on my chest every night for the first year on her life. She got up to eat every 2 hours round the clock.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I co-slept with all of mine until at least 4 months.  

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
So everyone is different
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
4 moms liked this

My friend did that, too. It made for better sleep habits. Their kid now goes to bed nicely and doesn't leave her room at midnight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I agree. Ds slept Ina a bassinet right next to my bed for the first 5-6 months. I didn't want him to move to the crib but he out grew his bassinet. It was terrifying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
My DS stayed in a crib, in our room for the first 6 months. He couldn't sleep with us because my DH falls asleep really hard and rolls alot.
-JC-
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't do cosleeping. It's not for our family. We had a bassinet by the be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Italiancouture7
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Ya I couldn't do that!! It took me 5 months to finally put DD in her crib. And her room was literally right next to ours. I even left the door open and had a monitor.. That was really hard for me though   :( I still wasnt ready even at 5 months. 

poshkat
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM
After 2 weeks of being in the nicu (which is super loud), I put ds in his basinett and left the room so both he and i could enjoy the silence.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)