Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I find it Disturbing When...EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

New parents rush home with their baby after giving birth, esp a preemie, and rush to put the child alone in the crib...it just puzzles me to no end...my friend just had her grandchild born 6weeks early, and as soon as they got her home finally, they put her alone in the crib..  i just can't fathom putting a newborn alone in a crib as soon as i got home from the hospital- i wanted them on me or near me at all times.  

Edit: It's NOT about co-sleeping..it's about bringing your preemie home from the hospital after a life threatening birth, and rushing to park the child alone in a crib two doors down the hall  from yours....i don't  understand that mentality. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Replies (31-40):
disneymom2two
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM

My son slept in a cradle next to my bed.  My mother thought that was horrible and I told her that she can feel free to do it however she wants when she has another child (she was almost 70 at the time).  My daughter was 17 months when she came home (adopted from China) and we coslept.  She wasn't a newborn but had severe separation anxiety and night terrors so she needed us close by.

WithHope
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it is. Some parents don't provide for their kids at all. I bet it was in a carefully designed nursery too! I'm just not seeing what's disturbing about parents trying to take care of their kid, even if its different from how you or I would?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Funny,I bed shared with my kids. They both transitioned To their own beds by 3. Bedtime has never been a struggle. I simply say it's time for bed and they happily go and climb in. They only come to my bed if they need me, so extremely sick.

Yet my friend who practiced independent sleeping from the get go has at least one of her kids in her bed 1-3x a week. Hmmmmmm

Quoting Anonymous:

My friend did that, too. It made for better sleep habits. Their kid now goes to bed nicely and doesn't leave her room at midnight.

Moe1521
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM
My daughter slept in a bassinet for the first two months of her life, but she had her own "room" which was still part of my room (kinda hard to explain).... Anyway, when I did move her to her own room with a crib, she slept all night long. So she has been sleeping all through the night ever since she was 2 months old and doesn't have a hard time going to bed.

We all have different parenting styles. People are gonna say we're wrong no matter what we do, so we have to do what works for us IMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

My friend did that, too. It made for better sleep habits. Their kid now goes to bed nicely and doesn't leave her room at midnight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
The horror! They put their baby in a crib???
DeathGoddess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM
My daughter was born at 28 weeks too...she slept in a bassinet next to my side of the bed for a long time, then a pack and play

Quoting edelweiss23:

My oldest child was a 28 week premie. She slept hooked up to a moniter in her carseat or on my chest every night for the first year on her life. She got up to eat every 2 hours round the clock.
weaveress
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM

i coslept with all mine til they went to school. 

Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM
All of my boys were full term and slept in their cribs at night. I didn't do cosleeping. It wasn't for me especially since I worked full times days back then.
Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Mine went straight to the crib. They woke up every two hours for the first couple weeks, I had a monitor. I didn't want to start a co sleeping habit with twins that I would have to break a few years later. Theyve been good sleepers ever since!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Right? Freakin' ridiculous. After all Cribs were meant for Puppies. O_o

Quoting Anonymous:

The horror! They put their baby in a crib???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured