Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It wont kill me! why should i have them cut out of me? *EDIT*

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 156 Replies

DH has been wanting me to get my tonsils taken out. I'm 23 (turning24 in March), and I get tonsil stones, over production of phlegm and more sore throats than usual, but sometimes I feel like I'd rather put up with this, than go under for surgery. I know its minor, but i don't want any anesthesia in my body, I don't want someone I don't know operating on me for something that wont kill me.

How do you feel about this? My DH says eventually the girls will need their tonsils taken out (he had his taken out when he was young). Do you plan on getting your children's tonsils taken out in the future? Have you had yours removed?

I'm shocked at how many responses I've had over this so far...unlike my positive thoughts post! hehe jk jk I've been taking the positive responses into consideration all the rest have made me laugh :P I'm considering it, I guess what really freaks me out is the "going under part" but that's something i have to get over if i want this "annoyance" taken care of.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I had mine out. Best decision ever. Sounds like you have some unresolved anxiety. You're convincing yourself that this surgery won't help when in fact it does help the majority of people that have it. Perhaps you can talk this out with someone.

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I've lived with an enlarged tonsil all my life....doctors never said anything until I had chronic sore throats (which now is very rarely) and they said, you could take it out (i still have my tonsils) only if it becomes an issue...which sounds like yours causes you.  just get a second opinion...good luck on your decision.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Mine are out. Yours will probably have to come out eventually. Better sooner than later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Ewww tonsil stones are gross.

He probably thinks your breath stinks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Get em out. You'll be able to deep throat
amanda_n_e
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM
BothItf my kids had their tonsils removed and so did I. It was the best decision I could have made for them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Youngest DS, DH & I all have them out. Oldest DS's (20) are intact.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I never thought of that, I have a problem with phlegm every morning, and it doubles when I'm sick (like right now). I never thought my tonsils were the issue...

I'd do it. I hate phlegm!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Also, my brother's tonsils got infected and DID almost kill him. His recovery sucked because he let it get that bad. Talk to your doctor about the risks of leaving them in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hubs had his out. No problems.Get it done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)