Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He is NOT a baby anymore!!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 25 Replies
My DS is 5 and everyone (not I) still treats him like a baby! My mom and sister still feed him and hold his cups for him. He has a cold now and my moms like oh the poor baby! And hes not even my youngest! I have a 4yr old and they treat her like a big girl! I dont understand this! I tell them that hes not a baby anymore and they wont stop treating him like one!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Have him get a job. Time to man up.
2under5.mom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Lol i dont want him to get a job..i just want them to treat him like a preschooler not an infant!

Quoting Anonymous:

LucyHourglass
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM

this made me giggle lol

Quoting Anonymous:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
He's a boy. Enough said.

Is he the first grandchild?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM

this made me laugh lol my MIL told DH's little cousin, who was asking for something (he was5 at the time), to "get a fucking job-y" (yes i know she said this to a 5 year old and it was a bit trashy, kinda why we dont really talk to her) well DHs cousin without missing beat starts crying "WAHHH MOMMY Hopey to me to get a fucking job-y"

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Meh,  I baby all my kids when they are sick.

MrsBridges19
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM

This.

Quoting JakesMom712:

He's a boy. Enough said.

TitaniumBiscuit
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM

My mom and step-dad act the same way w/my first DD, and she's 9 now.  I also have a 6 year old DD and they treat her like a 6 year old.  It annoys the hell out of me, but I think it's because my 9 year old is the first grandchild so they treat her as the alpha-grandchild.  I dunno.  I wish they'd stop.  They clearly favor her over her little sister.  

aimlee
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM

my mom does the same to my daughter. she is 2 1/2 and they call her the baby and try to feed her (she feeds herself very well and doesnt like to be fed) but my 1 yr old son they treat like he is the older one. She was their first grandchild though. 

2under5.mom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM
No he is the 3rd grandaon. My DD is the last grandchild and shes the only girl..

Quoting JakesMom712:

He's a boy. Enough said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)