Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you still in love with an ex? or ever been?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Okay, so my bestfriend calls me this morning (very early) because shes torn.

I'll keep it short, she's been with her DF for 7 years but before him she dated a female for 3 years and she is STILL in love with her ex. I feel she's in love with the idea of having children by a man and being married to one but I truthfully feel as if she isn't in love with him anymore. She texts her ex behind his back and she just really misses her. So anyway, I posted this because I have to call her back later and talk with her but I would love to hear some experiences from other women on here seeing as I have never gone through this personally.

Thank you ladies.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel her pain. I don't think I'd be of any help though. 

She does need to make a choice. Its not fair to anyone to sneak around, even if it is just phone calls for now.  If I talk to my ex (that I'm stuck on), its as friends and my DH is fully aware of our friendship. He's not aware of the feelings but I wouldn't act on them.

parentalrights1
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell her marriage is a lifelong commitment as well as expensive as hell and emotionally exhausting for everyone. And don't do it if you still don't have closure with the ex
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, and he still loves me. 10 years later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

your ex ? do you guys talk or hang out?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Nope. I was hung up on one years and years ago but once I met Dh, that all went away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Every few years he reappears. Our lives have taken drastically different paths. I really feel he was the one and I didn't see it when we were together because we were both just 20 years old. He says one of his biggest regrets in life is losing me because he can't help comparing every girl he dates to me. I am supposed to meet him on the 28th. We're going to see a band we both like.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Yep I still miss and am love with an ex. We've been on and off for 15 years. We've been off for a year. I still love him. But it doesn't work when we're together so I just have to live my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I was even married to another man and he to another woman but were both very much in love with each other. But, we never acted on it until we were both divorced. If they got married it could ruin their marriage and it would not be fair to him that she doesn't love him 100%.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM

gotcha, do you feel bad for your dh or no? do you ever see youreself leaving your dh for him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Every few years he reappears. Our lives have taken drastically different paths. I really feel he was the one and I didn't see it when we were together because we were both just 20 years old. He says one of his biggest regrets in life is losing me because he can't help comparing every girl he dates to me. I am supposed to meet him on the 28th. We're going to see a band we both like.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN