Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a hermit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
It has become unfortunately real how bad of a hermit I am.

I will avoid leaving the house at all costs. I keep my blinds closed.

I make my DH do the grocery shopping so I don't have to leave.

It even makes me unconfortable when my DS is outside playing with neighborhood kids.

:( what do I do?

I've tried counseling before and it makes me soo anxious. One time I left the appointment before even going in because I just knew I was late and the therapist wasn't going to be there. It was only 2 minutes past my appointment time and I had been there 15 minutes early fretting about the damn appointment.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Isn't that agorophobia?  You may just need some medication.  I remember watching a show about Paula Deen, the cook on Food Network, and she was the same way for years and years, then she went on a certain antidepressant/anti anxiety medication and was cured.  Good luck!

poshkat
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Me too. It's called agoraphobia and you need help so get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I wonder what kind of medicine there is.

I didn't even think it could be fixed with medicine... Only shrinks telling me I'm crazy and to get over it! Hah

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Isn't that agorophobia?  You may just need some medication.  I remember watching a show about Paula Deen, the cook on Food Network, and she was the same way for years and years, then she went on a certain antidepressant/anti anxiety medication and was cured.  Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Do you take medicine for it?

What kind of help; just therapy or what?

Quoting poshkat:

Me too. It's called agoraphobia and you need help so get it.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I wonder what kind of medicine there is.

I didn't even think it could be fixed with medicine... Only shrinks telling me I'm crazy and to get over it! Hah

Quoting rebeccab1966:

No, you're not crazy, and any psychiatrist that makes you feel that way should lose their license to practice.  You just need help.  Do you have any friends who see a therapist they'd recommend?  Or go see your regular doctor and talk to him. 

poshkat
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I also have other issues and therapy and medications help. I am still working on going out by myself, 99% of the time I have someone with me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN