Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

you think your better because you dont need help?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 117 Replies
2 moms liked this
For those who like to point their fingers and rub in the fact that they don't need assisstance. God forbid something were to happen where you lose everything and have to start over.

Yes i get assisstance, but also before i had everything...

2 yrs ago i lived in a 5 bedroom 3 1/2 bedroom house OWNED! Also had 2 brand new SUV,s sitting in my driveway. I had a full time job and so did my now ex husband. Well someone set our house on fire. No one ever found out who it was. Went to our insurance company and apparently.my husband wasnt paying like he said he was. Lost our house. He started abusing me so i left and divorced him. He even shook my one month old atvthe time cause he wouldn't be quiet.. i had good reason to leave him. I moved near family and stayed with fam. Looked for a kob and nothing. Now i love an hr away from family with my husband who works but we dont make very much atthe moment it is slow he is loplong for other work with no luck.

Things happen even if you think you have everything...

It isnt tge people that use then that arent worth it ans that are scum. Its those that abuse it and dont even try. So dont rub everyones nose in shit if you think your better when in all reality it makes you look lower in the end.

*edit* for those about the spelling im using an android touch phone. Not use to these. Its a friend of mine. Please forgive the *grammar*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Not everyone who is not on PA is a snob.  I'm sorry that you've clearly been made to feel bad about your situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Spell check please
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM
8 moms liked this

I don't think I'm better than anyone.  I believe assistance is there for people just like you, who have hit hard times and need help.  What I DO hate are the people who live off assistance and feel entitled to it and have no intention of ever getting off it.  That's NOT what it's there for.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Spell check please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM
7 moms liked this

Do you feel better now??? Let go of your bitterness......

Your ex failed you...and so did poor planning on both of your parts. Own that at least.

I've got no problem with people needing to use assistance........NONE.

But the people that brag...lie.......and abuse it.........Yes..I do...and so should you.

It's because of people like that.......that cause the ones that really do need help....to not get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
3 moms liked this
No. I do, however, think I'm better because I use correct grammar.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry this all happened to you. I hooe your exhusband is in jail for shaking the baby.

MamaScho88
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't bash people who are on assistance because you never know what the circumstances are, yes I am proud that we can provide for our own family, but at the same time shit happens and if we needed assistance then of course we would look into it and be happy it is there if we ever truely needed it...I am just disgusted with people who constantly talk about being on food stamps and welfare and are sitting on their asses dong absolutely nothing for their family and are fine living that way...I know some people who were hurt bad by things that happened in their life that got them in the predicament they are in with finances, like losing a spouse, or getting injured, or losing a job...but the people who sit back and think "ahh life is just gravy living off the state", don't even go looking for a job and abuse the system make me sick.

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
6 moms liked this

That doesn't make you a better person. That just means maybe you had better opportunities in life and a better education, or that she could have just been through something which made her upset and she was typing quickly. You don't know her. Don't judge her and absolutely don't think you are better than someone else just because you don't make mistakes when typing. How silly.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. I do, however, think I'm better because I use correct grammar.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
4 moms liked this

Almost 4 years ago, our home burned to the ground along with everything we owned, two pictures were all that we saved. We used our savings to start over. 

No welfare needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)