Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Trying to control myself...

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 14 Replies
but my mom is driving me crazy!

I'm 37 weeks pregnant with DS#2, and my mom is just getting worse as the date approaches. At my first doctor appointment she tried to tell the nurse that vaginal birth is harder than a c-section (this topic was brought up because my doctor was talking about risks/benefits of a VBAC). My mom would have no clue since she had all of her kids vaginal, and the most invasive surgery she's ever had was getting her tubes tied.

Since then she's tried to tell me to take her instead of DH when I have my c-section, that I have to leave my 3 year old in her care while in the hospital, that my DH's family shouldn't be called until after I'm in a room because she "doesn't want them there", and about 1,000 other annoying things that I can't stand.

I don't know what to do with her anymore. I'm trying not to hurt her feelings, but I can't even enjoy this pregnancy for her interference.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Im sorry. My mom was a big pain in the ass too when I was pregnant. Just put your foot down and lay down the rules. Your kid your rules. Period and end of discussion.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Wow. Im so grateful my mother waited until I was leaving the hospital to come "enjoy" my pregnancy. Im sure your mom is just a little over excited but jeez!!! Just take a breath and do things the way you feel comfortable LOL Good luck!

Photo: -Randi.

hplesha
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Tell her she isn't the one having the baby and it isn't her choice. Too bad if she gets upset, it's the truth and there isn't anything she can do about it. If she tries to kick you out, then she is very cold hearted.
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM

That sucks...my mom was going to come with us to the hospital when I was induced, until I found out only one person can come. It never occured to her that she should go instead of dh, which is great because I would have had to hurt her feelings lol. Do what you feel is best, hope you have a speedy labor and recovery! 

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM
She can't kick me out, I live in my own home.

But she does turn on the pity party and cries about how ungrateful my brothers and I are, and how she should have never had children...

Quoting hplesha:

Tell her she isn't the one having the baby and it isn't her choice. Too bad if she gets upset, it's the truth and there isn't anything she can do about it. If she tries to kick you out, then she is very cold hearted.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry. My mom was a big pain in the ass too when I was pregnant. Just put your foot down and lay down the rules. Your kid your rules. Period and end of discussion.

hplesha
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I'd ignore her. Dfs mom does the same stuff. She expected us to get her something for valentines day even though we are completely broke and she's using my car. We went to pick up my oldest from her house and she got pissed because df or his brother didn't get her anything. She's so annoying lol.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

But she does turn on the pity party and cries about how ungrateful my brothers and I are, and how she should have never had children...

Quoting hplesha:

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
She's started to act this way about everything.

Last week we got into an argument because she opened a bag of chips and gave them to my DS while we were shopping after I asked her not to. Then she yelled at him because he wasn't eating them, but throwing them in the floor. (normally I wouldn't care about the chips, but we had just had lunch so I knew he wouldn't eat them since he was full)

Quoting brettsmomma:

Wow. Im so grateful my mother waited until I was leaving the hospital to come "enjoy" my pregnancy. Im sure your mom is just a little over excited but jeez!!! Just take a breath and do things the way you feel comfortable LOL Good luck!

aimhawk
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Your pregnant, your tired, your hormonal. Tell her to back the fuck off now or she might not be allowed at the hospital at all.

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Some grown women just act so crazy! I just don't understand it.

Quoting hplesha:

I'd ignore her. Dfs mom does the same stuff. She expected us to get her something for valentines day even though we are completely broke and she's using my car. We went to pick up my oldest from her house and she got pissed because df or his brother didn't get her anything. She's so annoying lol.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

Quoting hplesha:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN