Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So pissed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Last night I had a close family member pass away. After looking up the cost of travel my SO informed me that he doesn't have the money to "waste on a vacation".

I understand if we don't have the money but his wording sucks. Understandably I've been crying and after a few attempts to comfort me his gets upset and keeps saying I don't know why you keep doing this it wasn't like you were close or anything.

Today I don't feel like doing much of anything. Every time I get started I start crying or just get upset. SO has been following me around the house. "Do you know what would make you feel better? Doing the laundry" "Make the bed it will make you feel better"

Are all men dicks like this or am I just lucky?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
kagegirl
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

What an asshole. No, my DF would never behave like that. Hell, I had a friend murdered. Her and I had a falling out and hadn't spoken in a couple of years. When I found out she had passed, DF did everything he could to make me feel better, to help me and let me grieve. I am sorry, but you need to take a firm hand with your man and tell him what an asshole he is being and he needs to knock it off or your family member won't be the only death close to you.

MamaLub
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Im sorry for your loss. Is there anyone else you can call to talk to or text? You dont need some stranger being catty to you on here right now

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously you need to shut the fuck up now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously the rest of the family didn't feel like you were close either, or they would have fronted your trip there.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Read the first part of my post. I was close to this relative. It fells like I lost my sister. He is making the judgement that we weren't that close.

Learn to fucking read.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with the SO...if you wern't close, why spend money you don't have to be at the funeral?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM
My now ex husband was like that when my friend was killed in Iraq. He was jealous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM

"seriously" right...better get my serious face on.....SERIOUSLY

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Wow so sorry for your loss
My dh is not like that
BLoNdIe121679
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I don't think hes being very mature about it at all and poking fun when you lost a family member isn't very comforting, and is extremely insensitive. Go clean this or do that? Seriously? Its times like this I am glad I am single. Just because you don't live close doesn't mean you weren't close. Maybe you need to sit down and talk to him about being there for you emotionally and that treating you like a maid when you're grieving isn't a supportive spouse. If you cannot afford to go, thats one thing, obviously its not a vacation. I hope you can come to an agreement to at least send flowers to the funeral and be there in spirit. Sorry you have to deal with this (seemingly) alone :(

pbjtime87
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM
My DF hates my family... (With good reason) but if someone on any side of my family would have passed (God forbid) he'd make sure at least, I would be able to go... Not all men are dicks like that... I think your man needs an upgrade on his emotional chip... His is broken
chrissyk3
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. It was the first sentence. SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

Read the first part of my post. I was close to this relative. It fells like I lost my sister. He is making the judgement that we weren't that close.

Learn to fucking read.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with the SO...if you wern't close, why spend money you don't have to be at the funeral?

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM

You're just lucky. Sorry for your loss OP, any way you can swing the travel for just yourself so you can still be there? Hugs!

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM

No, not all men are dicks, my husband would find a way for me to go and support me in every way he can. I am sorry for your loss and I would kick your husband in the nuts the next time he told me to go clean something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)